பகோடா குழம்பு, Pakoda Kulambu recipe, spicy Pakoda Kara Kuzhambu recipe made with Freshly ground aromatic spices in Tangy Tamarind Curry similar one like Vazhaipoo Pakoda Kuzhambu. Karaikudi special Pakoda kuzhambu. In every Karakudi Hotel meal, there must be mandatory Pakoda kuzhambu and Keerai Kootu in Menu. Both are an awesome combo. Many times I tasted Karakudi Meals only because of this combo. Usually, they Deep fry the Pakodas only at the serving time they top it and then they will serve. We can see the crispy pakoras floating on a spicy Kara Kuzhambu. You can see the above picture that’s how exactly it is.
Quickly I asked my friend why it tastes like super yummy in the hotel, actually for Kara Kuzhambu they prepare a day before the next day they serve it. The taste keeps getting better when you serve it the next day and the next. I love this kara kuzhambu very much and during my previous attempts, I was unable to nail the taste of it exactly. Though the ones served at the weddings were spicy, it also had a sweet tinge to it which has got nothing to do with the shallots added. I did try adding jaggery towards the end like we sometimes do but even then it did not taste right.
List of Puli Kulambu or Vatha Kuzhambu Varieties you could to try,
- Kathirikai Puli Kulambu/Brinjal Puli Kuzhambu
- Pavakkai Puli Kulambu/pavakkai Puli Kuzhambu
- Karamani Kara Kuzhambu
- Poondu(garlic) Kuzhambu
- Karunaikizhangu Kara KuzhambuVendhaya Kuzhambu
- Milagu Kuzhambu
- Vendakkai Puli Kuzhambu
How to make Pakoda:
- Pakoda recipe
- • 3 medium size Onions
- • 2 tbsp spring onions( key ingredient)
- • ½ cup Gram Flour (Besan Flour)
- • ¼ cup Rice Flour
- • 1 teaspoon grated Ginger
- • 5-7 Curry Leaves, • ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- • A pinch of Baking Soda (soda-bi-carbonate)
- • Coriander Leaves
- • Oil, for deep frying
- • Salt to taste
- Take sliced onion in a large bowl
- Add gram flour, rice flour, ginger, curry leaves, red chili powder, baking soda, coriander leaves, and salt.
- keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle water and mix well(I used 2 to 3 tbsp water only)
- Heat oil and fry the pagoda.
karaikudi Pakoda Kuzhambu, Classic Spicy Pakoda Kara Kulambu for rice:
- To roast and grind:
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Black pepper seeds
- ½ Fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp Fresh coconut
- 4 dry chilies
- Other ingredients:
- 1 medium-size onion
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 lemon size Tamarind
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp oil
- Dry roast the roasting ingredients and then grind it with little water set aside.
- Heat oil and add cinnamon n cloves.
- Add onion, tomatoes saute well.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, and ground masala saute well.
- Add the tamarind extract +water let it to bowl. Once the kulambu becomes thick switch off the stove.
- Add the fried pakodas just before serving. Garnish it with coriander leaves. Karakudi pakoda kuzhambu ready😋
Some Side dishes which goes well with the Pakoda Kuzhambu recipe,
List of Pakoda recipe in my blog:
Have A Nice DAy!!!