Cabbage rice recipe, How to make Cabbage rice in Indian Style using red cabbage. Easy Cabbage Rice recipe is a popular rice dish from TamilNadu, which can be popularly called as Cabbage Sadam in Tamil. This cabbage rice recipe is very mild, tasty and so flavorful like Indian fried rice. Cabbage rice can be paired simply with pickles or papadum/Vadam for a delicious meal. I have a cabbage Vadai recipe which is an easy snack variety.
Though simple plain rice and sambar is my all-time favorite, sometimes I like to change things up and make something different with rice. A few of my favorite rice recipes are peanut rice recipe and this Cabbage Rice recipe.
This Cabbage rice recipe is very popular in South India. It’s tempered with spices like cumin seeds and has fresh color Freshly grated red Cabbage(main ingredient). This Cabbage Rice Recipe is pretty straight forward to make and makes a great quick lunch or meal.
HOW I MADE THIS Cabbage RICE?
Firstly, I cooked rice with salt. Separately in a Kadai tempered the cumin seeds, sauteed the onion, garlic, and chili. For Colour I have added the fresh red cabbage, and then the freshly grated cabbage. Finally added the rice and ghee, tossed and serve the hot cabbage rice.
More healthy variety Rice recipes for Kids Lunch Box, Easy Kothamalli Rice Recipe, Baby Corn Fried Rice Recipe, Karuveppilai Sadam Recipe, Narthangai Sadam recipe, simple fried rice recipe, Masale Bhat Recipe, Gobi 65 Rice Recipe.
cabbage rice recipe VIDEO:
cabbage rice recipe, CABBAGE SADAM WITH FRESH CABBAGE(RECIPE CARD):
- 2 cups grated cabbage
- 1 and ½ cups rice(cooked)
- 1 medium-sized onion(chopped)
- 2 garlic pods(minced)
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- Take cabbage, grate and keep aside.
- cook the rice and let it cool down completely,
- heat a pan add ghee and then add the cumin seeds, let it splutter.
- add minced garlic and chopped onions saute well.
- add green chilies saute well.
- now add in the cabbage and saute for a second
- add the cooked rice and mix well the cabbage, in high flame saute for a minute and switch off the stove.
- Cabbage rice is ready to serve.
To get Perfect purple Colour to use the fresh red cabbage, if not you can use normal cabbage.
After the rice is cooked, let it rest for at least 5 minutes before fluffing it with a fork. It will make sure the grains do not break while fluffing it.
Ghee adds a very delicious flavor to the rice, so do not skip it.
To make a variation of this cabbage rice recipe, you can add grated beetroot. It will impart a very different flavor to the rice.
cabbage rice recipe, CABBAGE FRIED RICE INDIAN STYLE:
1. Take cabbage, grate and keep aside.
2. cook the rice and let it cool down completely,
3. heat a pan add ghee and then add the cumin seeds, let it splutter.
4. add minced garlic and chopped onions saute well.
5. add green chilies saute well.
6. now add in the cabbage and saute for a second
7. add the cooked rice and mix well the cabbage, in high flame saute for a minute and switch off the stove.
8. Cabbage rice is ready to serve.
#Cabbagerice, #cabbagesadam, #cabbagefriedrice, #Lunchboxrecipes ,#cabbage, #ricerecipes, #premasculinary, #quicklunchbox, #easyrecipes,#Cabbagericeintamil
I would love to hear from you. if you have made this recipe then rate the recipe or leave a comment below. if you like this recipe then do share the recipe link on Facebook(https://www.facebook.com/premasculinary), Twitter & Pinterest. for the Instagram mention, @premasculinary or tag #premasculinary