Kothu chapati without Egg is 100% vegetarian. No meat or Egg added. Made of whole wheat leftover chapatis and addition of loads of Veggies. Restaurant-style Veg Kothu Chapati recipe can be made at home in just 30 mins. Border Parotta without Egg is one more Eggless Parotta recipe, that I make frequently at home.
Kothu chapati is a Tamil word, Kothu(கொத்து) means minced + (சப்பாத்தி) chapati=Kothu chapati(கொத்து சப்பாத்தி) (minced chapatis with tossed vegetables in mild spices). After sending the kids to school I was searching for what to have for breakfast. No idli batter in the fridge, no bread nothing. There were only 3 leftover chapatis and no sidedish or anything. Thinking how to eat this chapati without anything then got an idea made Kothu chapati. It took only 15 to 20 mins for me to make the Kothu chapati. Very fast I cut the onion, tomatoes and added some boiled green peas in it. I just tare the chapatis and put it in a process that it minced chapati ready. just mixed with veggies and tossed of few mins ta DHA Breakfast ready!
Veg Kothu chapati specialty,
- No Egg or Meat added(made with only vegetables) so it is 100% Veg Kothu chapati.
- No korma used(no veg korma or Salna added so you don’t need any curry or Kuzhambu to make this Kothu chapati)
- very less oil used– Just a tsp of oil used for Tadka and also made the Kothu chapati with whole wheat Phulka so no oil in chapati too.
- This recipe calls all the ingredients available in our daily cooking no special ingredients or color added.
What else we need to try this healthy version of Kothu chapati. Don’t delay just try this soon.
Kothu chapati without Egg Recipe Video,
Easy Method of making Veg Kothu chapati,
First, take the chapatis and tear roughly into big pieces and add these pieces into the processor and process it for a second. (you can do this in blender also, just give a pulse and stop) you will get the minced chapatis, keep aside.
finely chop the onion, tomatoes, green chili, chop vegetables and cook the green peas if you are using the fresh one, keep all ingredients ready.
Now make the basic gravy for the Kothu chapati, heat oil in a Kadai, add cinnamon stick, cloves. add onion, tomatoes, green chili, curry leaves saute till translucent.
add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. saute till raw smell goes off.
add the cooked green peas add 1/2 cup water. cover and cook for a min or until it forms a thick gravy.
now gravy ready, add in the minced chapati and mix well with the gravy. Toss for few mins and then switch off the stove.
Mined chapati/Kothu chapati/கொத்து சப்பாத்தி/veg Kothu chapati is ready to serve.
Serving suggestions for Kothu chapati:
Top some chopped onions, coriander leaves on veg Kothu chapati. Squeeze little lime juice over it just before serving.
This will take like Restaurant style Kothu chapati.
Recipe card for Preparation of Kothu chapati(கொத்து சப்பாத்தி),
- 3 chapatis(minced) /சப்பாத்தி
- 1 tsp oil/எண்ணெய்
- 1-inch cinnamon stick/இலவங்கப்பட்டை
- 2 cloves/கிராம்பு
- ½ tsp fennel seeds/ பெருஞ்சீரகம்
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped finely/வெங்காயம்
- 1 cup mined tomatoes/தக்காளி
- 2 tbsp fresh or frozen green peas/பச்சை பட்டாணி
- few curry leaves/கறிவேப்பிலை
- 2 green chili/பச்சை மிளகாய்
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste/இஞ்சி பூண்டு விழுது
- ⅓ tsp Tumeric powder/மஞ்சள் தூள்
- 1 tsp chili powder/மிளகாய் தூள்
- 1 tsp coriander powder/கொத்தமல்லி தூள்
- 1 tsp salt
- coriander leaves for garnishing/கொத்துமல்லி தழை
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onions for garnishing/அழகுபடுத்த வெங்காயம்
- 1 tsp lemon juice/எலுமிச்சை சாறு
- First, take the chapatis and tear roughly into pieces and add these pieces into the processor and process it for a second.
- you will get the minced chapatis, keep aside.
- finely chop the onion, tomatoes, green chili, chop vegetables and cook the green peas if you are using the fresh one, keep all ingredients ready.
- Now make the basic gravy for the Kothu chapati, heat oil in a Kadai, add cinnamon stick, cloves.
- add onion, tomatoes, green chili, curry leaves saute till translucent.
- add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. saute till raw smell goes off.
- add the cooked green peas add ½ cup water let it boil for a min or it forms a thick gravy.
- now gravy ready, add in the minced chapati and mix well with the gravy. Toss for few mins and then switch off the stove.
- Mined chapati/Kothu chapati/கொத்து சப்பாத்தி/veg Kothu chapati is ready to serve.
cook green peas and add to the curry. if it is frozen no need for pre-cooking.
adjust the spice level and salt according to your tastebuds.
you can serve it with vegetable kurma or onion raita or simply eat it as it is. since we have topped it with onions and coriander, it takes like having a chaat.
you can make this in the evening and give it as evening snacks for kids.
Variations in making Kothu chapati:
- Kothu parotta, to make Kothu parotta follow the same steps and just parotta instead of chapati. you can use paratha, chapati, parotta to make Kothu parotta.
- Veg Kothu chapati, as I said earlier we can use vegetables of our choice. I used green peas you can add beans, carrot, cauliflower, capsicum, etc. but make sure that all chopped finely and added.
- Egg Kothu chapati, for egg Kothu chapati, fry the egg first and keep aside. now follow all the steps. once made the Kothu chapati finely add the egg and toss it. Egg Kothu chapati ready.
Are you making this recipe? I would like to see your creations so click a photo and tag @premasculinary on Instagram with the hashtag #premasculinary
please rate the recipe⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram or more easy recipes.
Read our Recipe Blog: www.premascook.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.
Have a Nice Day!!!