Thirupagam recipe, Thirupagam sweet Recipe with Video and step by step instructions. Tirunelveli style Thirupagam sweet recipe with short youtube video. Thirupagam or Thirubagam(திருபாகம் in Tamil) is made of besan and cashew flour, the method of preparation and tastes similar to Mysore Pak Recipe but the texture is like Palkova. Two in one Thirupagam Sweet 🙂 This can be made an offer to the Lord Muruga along with the other traditional sweets like Akkaravadisal and kalkandu sadam.
Only 6 days more for Diwali, if you are thinking to try any Traditional Sweet recipe try this is Thirupagam Sweet. If you have all ingredients ready you can make this Thirupagm in just 30 mins. No special ingredients required to make this because all are readily available in our kitchen. This is my long do to list and I made it today. I got successful in the first attempt itself. The whole house was smelling divine while making it because of the flavors like pachaikarporam(edible camphor) and saffron, ghee 😉
Once you try this sweet the Thirupagam will become your family’s fav sweet. Do check it out Prema’s Culinary Special “Thiruvaiyaru Style Asoka Halwa Recipe“.
A short video of making Thirupagam Sweet Recipe,
Step by step Instructions to Prepare Thirupagam recipe,
Step: 1 In a bowl, add fresh milk and few saffron strands. rest it for 10 minutes.
Once it started to bleed add the Besan flour and whisk well. Make sure that there are no lumps in the mixture.
Add sugar and whisk well, let the sugar get dissolve in the besan mixture.
Step: 2 Heat a heavy-bottomed Kadai, add the besan flour mixture.
Keep stirring continuously on low flame. In a few minutes, the mixture starts to thicken.
This stage start adding the melted ghee little by little.
Step: 3 Add cashew nuts powder and keep string.
Crush and add edible camphor.
step: 4 you will notice that the sweet does not stick to the pan and moves along with the ladle, at this stage turn off the stove
Thirupagam Sweet is ready to serve.
Thirupagam sweet is ready for Prasadham or to serve 😉
Recipe Card for Thirupagam Sweet, Thirupagam Recipe:
- 1 cup Besan Flour / கடலைமாவு
- 2 &1/2 cup Sugar / சக்கரை
- ½ cup cashew nut powder / முந்திரிப்பருப்பு மாவு
- 1 cup fresh milk / பால்
- Saffron Few strands/ குங்குமப்பூ
- Edible Camphor / பச்சை கற்பூரம்
- 1 cup melted Ghee / நெய்
- In a bowl, add fresh milk and few saffron strands. rest it for 10 minutes.
- Once it started to bleed add the Besan flour and whisk well. Make sure that there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Add sugar and whisk well, let the sugar get dissolve in the besan mixture.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed Kadai, add the besan flour mixture.
- Keep stirring continuously on low flame. In a few minutes, the mixture starts to thicken.
- This stage adds the melted ghee little by little.
- Add cashew nuts powder and keep string.
- Crush and add edible camphor.
- you will notice that the sweet does not stick to the pan and moves along with the ladle, at this stage turn off the stove
- Thirupagam Sweet is ready to serve.
2. Always work on low flame to medium, not on high flame.
3. do not refrigerate the sweet it will turn harder, it will stay for 2 to 3 days at room temperature.
Few more Tirunelveli special recipes like Tirunelveli Halwa recipe
Thanks for visiting. Do drop comment and rate the recipe. Thanks in Advance 🙂
Connect with us:
Read our Recipe Blog: www.premascook.com
Subscribe to our channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c…