Thengai Paal murukku recipe is a crunchy, crispy delicious snack, that is mainly prepared during festival occasions like Diwali and Krishna Janmashtami. Recently I have posted Thinai Murukku Recipe, today is the second murukku post in Prema’s Culinary. Unlike other murukkus, Thengai Paal Murukku is very special because of the Paal color(milk-white color). That’s why they are called Paal Murukku😎 TamilNadu Famous Manapparai Murukku recipe is here, which was equally good. Also, I have shared this Thengai Paal Murukku Recipe with step by step pics, an end to end tips to Make Perfect White Colour Thengai Paal Murukku in this section.
Traditionally, rice is washed, dried and grounded in mills to make the murukku flour, but I have followed a shortcut method using readymade Idiyappam flour, which was equally good. If you have Idiyappam Flour in hand then leave your worries and directly jump into this recipe.
Short Youtube Video Of making Thengai Paal murukku recipe,
Step by step Instructions & Methods of Thengai Paal murukku recipe,
Step: 1 Wash & soak rice for 1 hour. Then drain the water. Spread it over a cotton cloth, let it dry for an hour.
Then grind it to a fine powder. I used the rice idiyappam flour so straightly am Proceeding to the recipe.
Step: 2 Take grated coconut, add warm water and grind it. Squeeze and extract the milk.
step: 3 In a bowl add rice flour, urad dal flour, sesame seeds, butter, salt, hing mix well.
Then add water, knead it make a soft dough.
Step: 4 Put 1 handful dough in a murukku kuzhal, squeeze over the ladle.
Step: 5 Heat oil in a pan, put prepared raw murukku, deep fry till crisp & golden brown.
Recipe Card For Thengai Paal Murukku recipe,
- 1 cup rice flour/அரிசி மாவு (i used the idiyappam flour)
- 1 tbsp urad dal flour/உளுந்து மாவு
- 1 cup coconut milk/தேங்காய் பால்
- 2 tsp butter/வெண்ணெய்
- 1 tsp sesame seeds/எள் விதைகள்
- a generous pinch hing/பெருங்காயம்
- Coconut oil for frying/தேங்காய் எண்ணெய்
- 1 tsp salt
- Wash & soak rice for 1 hour. Then drain the water. Spread it over a cotton cloth, let it dry for an hour.
- Then grind it to a fine powder. I used the rice idiyappam flour so straightly am Proceeding to the recipe.
- Take grated coconut, add warm water and grind it. Squeeze and extract the milk.
- In a bowl add rice flour, urad dal flour, sesame seeds, butter, salt, hing mix well.
- Then add water, knead it make a soft dough.
- Put 1 handful dough in a murukku kuzhal, squeeze over the ladle.
- Heat oil in a pan put prepared raw murukku, deep fry till crisp.
2. I have added 1 cup rice flour and 1 tbsp urad dal flour if you want hard murukku you can add 1 cup rice flour and 1 and ½ urad dal flour.
3. Important note I used idiyappam flour that's why I skipped rice flour process if you don't have rice flour use the processed rice flour.
My Diwali Preparation has started today made Thengai Paal Murukku almost 2kg and here is my Murukku Plate which I showed in my Instagram Page 🙂
Tips to make Perfect Thengai Paal Murukku in White color. Thengai paal murukku should be pale white in color and not brown.
1. To get white murukku we should not roast the urad dal too much, slightly roast it.
2. do not fry the murukku for long just the sizzling sound stops, remove it from oil.
3. most important tip is fry in coconut oil
Thanks for visiting my Page. If you like the recipe,
Connect with us:
Subscribe to our channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c…
#diwalirecipes #thengaipaalmurukku #snacks