Mor Kuzhambu Recipe without coconut with detailed step by step Pics and Video. Mor Kuzhambu Recipe with left over Vadai. This delicious Mor Kuzhambu is nothing but Urad dal Fritters in Butter Milk Curry. Paruppu Urundai Mor Kuzhambu is the one of Iyengar style Mor Kuzhambu which I have shared long back and this version of Mor Kuzhambu with vada is amma’s Version. Both are equally good in tastes. No Special dish is required to taste Mor Kuzhambu, we have this as a snack also. The mor curry soaked Vadai is too tasty if we have it alone or we can have Mor Kuzhambu with rice also.
Mor Kuzhambu is made of Leftover Vadai. Yes, I don’t have any plans to make mor kuzhambu for the blog post. Actually, i made Urad Dal Vada(methu vadai) for guest. Last minute they cancel the plan and didn’t visit our place, poor they missed the tasty vada 🙁 I was thinking what to do with the leftover vada. The vada also not so crisp on the next day made mor kuzhmbu. I drop those left over vada on the mor kuzhambu and served it for lunch. A great idea is it?
Mor Kuzhambu Recipe Video,
Recipe Card For Mor kuzhambu recipe without coconut,
- To grind:
- 1 tsp Raw rice
- 1 tsp Toor dal
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 Green chillies(adjust according to your taste buds)
- For the curry:
- 1 & ½ cup beaten buttermilk, 1 cup thick curd + ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- A generous pinch Hing
- Curry leaves, a spring
- 1 dry red chilli
- 4-5 small onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Soak Toor dal, raw rice, cumin seeds, ginger, green chillies for at least 20 minutes
- Grind the mixture to a smooth paste with little water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, hing. let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves, dry red chilli, fry well.
- Now add the onion, tomatoes fry well, till it becomes soft.
- Add the ground paste and a cup water. let it boil, till the raw smell goes.
- finally, add the beaten butter milk mixture, don't boil it for too much.
- Immediately, turn off the stove and then add the vadai directly to the curry.
- cover the pan with a lid. Leave the pan for atleast 20 minutes.
- This makes the vadai absorb the curry .
- While adding the vadai, make sure the curry is hot.
- Granish it with coriender leaves and serve with rice or you can taste the vadai with curry alone.
Make sure that you are not making the cripy vada, if your vada is cripsy it wont absorb the curry.
Step by step Mor kuzhambu Recipe,
Soak toor dal, raw rice, cumin seeds, ginger, green chillies for atleast 20 minutes.Grind the mixture to a smooth paste with little water.
Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, hing. let it spultter.Add curry leaves, dry red chilli, fry well.Now add the onion, tomatoes fry well, till it become soft.Add the grinded paste and a cup water. let it boil, till the raw smell goes.
finally add the beaten butter milk mixture, don’t boil it for too much.Immediately, turn off the stove and then add the vadai directly to the curry.cover the pan with a lid. Leave the pan for atleast 20 minutes.This makes the vadai absorb the curry.While adding the vadai, make sure the curry is hot. Granish it with coriender leaves and serve with rice or you can taste the vadai with curry alone.
do try this and let me know your feedback, Few Kuzhambu recipe form my collections,
Have a Wonderful Weekend!