Samosa Pinwheels Recipe with step by step Picture and Detail Video. Learn HOW TO MAKE SAMOSA PINWHEELS, WITHOUT USING THE PASTRY SHEETS. Samosa Pinwheels Recipe is completely made with homemade samosa dough and no pastry sheets used. This recipe has less fat and very good appetizer suitable for Jains also. I have used my Punjabi Samosa Recipe for the samosa dough, You can check the Samosa Recipe also.
Making Samosa Pinwheels is easier than the normal samosa, You can HOW TO SHAPE SAMOSA VIDEO, that also you can make it very easily. Make the filling, spread the samosa dough. Spread the filling on top of the samosa dough and then roll it, cut them into small circles and fry it in oil.very simple is it?
Potato Pinwheels recipe is as the same, only the spice is a bit different. Samosa Pinwheels recipe has Potato stuffing and it very tempting once you fry because of the golden brown color. It almost looks like bhakarwadi, a Marathi snack recipe. But taste different.
My friend made this Samosa Pinwheels for her hubby Birthday party as an appetizer and she shared the recipe. Actually original recipe is adapted from Samosa Pinwheels recipe by Manjula and I have slightly altered it.
Samosa pinwheels recipe video (without pastry sheet):
Samosa Pinwheels recipe with step by step instructions(easy method):
1.Take flour, carom seeds, salt in a mixing bowl.Add ghee or oil, start kneading the dough.Add water little by little, as required knead to a firm dough. cover the dough with a moist towel and keep aside for 30 mins.
2.Boil the potatoes and peas in a pressure cooker.Peel and mash the potatoes.I didn’t use peas if you are using the fresh peas soak it and boil it separately.
3.Now add the potato, peas, asafoetida, red chili powder, coriander leaves, garam masala powder, salt.
4.Dust the work surface, using the rolling pin flatten the dough, evenly.Spread the potato masala in the middle of the dough and flatten it using the rolling pin.
7.start rolling the corner. mix maida and water and apply this paste and seal the end.roll it like a log.
8.Using a knife and start to cut the dough to one-inch sizes.
9. heat the oil and deep fry it to golden brown, take it out.
10.crispy pinwheel is ready to serve, have it with Chaat chutney.
Samosa Pinwheels recipe is a deep fried version, we can bake them also.
How to make the BAKED SAMOSA PINWHEELS.
- Once you roll and cut the pinwheels, arranged the pinwheels in a prepared pan or greased tin and bake it for about 180 celsius, till it turns crisp.
- You can spray oil or ghee before baking the samosa pinwheels.
- Baked Samosa is health than the deep fried one, kids also love the shape.
How to double fry the samosas pinwheels,
1.This method is to bite tedious process, fry the samosa pinwheels in oil just the layer become a light brown take it out from the oil not allowing them to become golden. just that the dough cooks and that’s it.
2. drain & keep them aside. do this with all the samosas. later in lower the flame and then fry the once again fried samosas, till they are golden.
Samosa Pinwheels recipe below:
- for Samosa dough:
- 1 Cup All-Purpose-Flour (Maida)
- ½ Tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 Tbsp ghee or oil
- Ingredients for Potato(Aloo) stuffing
- 2 Pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
- ½ Tsp Red Chili powder
- 2 medium sized Potato (Boiled potato)
- ½ Tsp Masala (check below for masala ingredients)
- ½ Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tsp Green Chili (Chopped into small pieces)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- To Taste Salt
- ¼ Cup Green Peas(boiled)/optional
- ⅓ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Enough Oil ( deep frying Samosas)
- And you need:
- 1 tbsp maida/all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup water
- Take flour, carom seeds, salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add ghee or oil, start kneading the dough.
- Add water little by little, as required
- knead to a firm dough. cover the dough with a moist towel and keep aside for 30 mins.
- Boil the potatoes and peas in a pressure cooker.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small cubes.
- I didn't use peas if you are using the fresh peas soak it and boil it separately
- because potato and peas take different boiling time.
- Now add the potato, peas, asafoetida, red chili powder & garam masala powder, salt.
- Dust the work surface, using the rolling pin flatten the dough, evenly.
- Spread the potato masala in the middle of the dough and flatten it using the rolling pin.
- start rolling the corner.
- mix maida and water and apply this paste and seal the end.roll it like a log.
- Using a knife and start to cut the dough to one-inch sizes.
- heat the oil and deep fry it to golden brown, take it out.
- crispy pinwheel is ready to serve, have it with Chaat chutney.
Serve it with chaat chutney.
Do check some Appetizer or snacks recipes like
Have a nice Day!!!