dry fruits ladoo or Khajoor laddu recipe with step by step photos – a healthy ladoo recipe which is good for fasting as well as during festival days. There are 5+ variety of dry fruits and 6+ variety of nuts are used to make this ladoo.
this method of making dry fruits and nuts ladoos were shared by my mom. she had seen this on a tv show. she only saw the way these ladoos are made and told me the method. She told that Khus Khus is also one ingredients which gives crunchy taste to the ladoo and i reserved some which i bought it from India and used it.Also the interesting part is that ghee less or sugar less ladoo, weight watcher this should be a best option of having sweets.Date ladoos are also vegan and gluten free. It’s hard to eat just one!
For vegan,this would be the best options of making indian sweets as far as ingredients are concerned. For lactating mom and pregnant ladies pls note that this ladoo is very healthy and also very easy to make. Do make and store in air tight container when ever feel hungry have it.
I have used decicated coconut, khus khus, dry fruits and nuts . I didn’t use any edible gum to make this ladoo since dates itself gives nice binding to make ladoo so i avoid using edible gum. Below is the Dry fruits and nuts list,
These are the list of dry fruits and nuts that i have used to make dry fruits ladoo if you want you can add more nuts and dry fruits variety of your choice.
Few Indian ladoo recipes in Prema’s Culinary
Dry fruits ladoo recipe video,
step by step dry fruits and nuts ladoo recipe for pregnant ladies and kids:
Take the dry fruits in a mixie jar and grind it coarsely. You can do it in a food processor also.
chop the nuts and dry roast it. cool down for some time and then grind it coarsely.
In a mixing bowl, add the grinded dry fruit mix,khus khus, desiccated coconut, grounded nuts mix well.
Grease your hand with oil or ghee and roll it into a small ball. Now the ladoo is ready to serve.
Tips and variations:
- If the dry fruits n nuts kept in fridge, then keep it outside till it come to the room temperature.
- If the dry fruits are very dry or hard , microwave it for 1 minute and then use it.
- grind it coarsely,don’t grind it like a paste.
- dry roast it or with a tsp ghee or you can bake it also.
- If you want you can coco powder or any flavor of your choice.mix everything well.
- If you want more sweet then add brown sugar or honey to make it more healthier.
Dry fruits ladoo or Khajoor Laddu Recipe below:
- 1 cup dry fruits
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 tsp khus khus(optional)
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- ¼ teaspoon oil to grease your palms
- Take the dry fruits in a mixie jar and grind it coarsely. You can do it in a food processor also.
- chop the nuts and dry roast it. cool down for some time and then grind it coarsely.
- In a mixing bowl, add the grinded dry fruit mix,khus khus, desiccated coconut, grounded nuts mix well.
- Grease your hand with oil or ghee and roll it into a small ball. Now the ladoo is ready to serve.
Happy Saraswathi Pooja and Vijaya dhasami to all…