Manapparai murukku is very famous in Manapparai taluk, Tamil Nadu. “Manapparai murukku” is very familiar snack with the train passengers from Manapparai to Trichirappalli. This was introduced by Mani Iyer and now the traditional murukku is not selling there so I want to make the traditional Manapparai murukku. Manapparai murukku recipe is very easy and simple to make. If you want to make the perfect swirls do check the below video you will make it perfectly. I love Achu murukku than the butter murukku.
I remember one of my friend wrote tnpl exam at Manapparai along with her me and my mom went to Manapparai. but never tasted the murukku:( Here I used the pound rice flour and urad dal flour. The shape also perfect round shape and use mullu murukku mold. The speciality of Manapparai murukku is deep fried twice to get the golden hue. It is easy to differentiate the good from the bad by the colour.
Yes, this is one of the special recipe included in my Tamil Nadu Famous food series🙂 Manapparai taluk famous manapparai murukku recipe is here:)
Murukkus are same as chaklis, the same snack called as Murukku in Tamil, is called as Chaklis in North. The press used also is the same. Mine turned out golden, crispy and very much tasty. Maybe the Urad dal was a bit more. As in the article, they only talk about a dash of urad dal .
Let’s see how to make perfect Manapparai murukku easily by step-by-step instructions:
- Add the flour, sesame seeds, asafoetida powder mix well Now add butter, salt, slowly add water and turn everything as a stiff dough.
- Heat the oil in medium flame, drop a pinch of dough to check the oil.Take the murukku press, use the star nozzle.Now take enough amount of the dough and press as small sized murukkus.
- Drop them to the hot oil, cook on both sides until they turn crispy.
- Remove them, drain the oil with a paper towel and keep aside, fry the remaining dough as murukkus.
- Arrange the murukkus in air tightened box.Munch them with a cup of coffee for your evening snacks.
I fried the murukku one time, If you want you can fry it twice.
Always store away after the snacks cool down.
Manapparai Murukku Recipe Video
I hope this video helps you to make perfect murukku!!!