As i mentioned earlier in my milagu kuzhambu post,here is the paruppu thogaiyal recipe.This is familiar almost in all South Indian homes.DH love this with milagu kuzhambu but my fav combo is garlic rasam.This would be our fav lunch in most of the weekends.My mom used to add garlic in paruppu thogaiyal but i skipped that here.If you want you can add it while grinding.
1/2 cup Toor dal
2-3 Dry red chillies(adjust according to ur taste buds)
1/4 cup grated coconut
A Pinch hing
1/3 cup water
1 garlic cloves(optional)
Salt as needed
- Dry roast Toor dhal and dry red chillies in medium flame until the dal turn golden brown. And then dry roast the grated coconut and take it out in a plate,let it cool for sometime.
- First add the dal in the mixie cup powder it along with dry red chilly and hing.Powder it.
- Now add the coconut and salt,grind it without adding water.
- Grind the coconut coarsely and add little water,grind it. Transfer this in a container and keep it fridge.Take it out while serving.
- Addition of garlic is an optional because some people won’t like the raw flavour of garlic.
- While dry roast the dal,make sure that it should not burn.
- The thogaiyal should be slightly grainy but not too coarse or too fine.
Have a Nice Day!!!