Inji Murappa/Marappa which is also called as Inji Mitai(ginger candy), good for digestion.Usually this can be available in bus and railway stations in Tamil Nadu but rarely prepares at home.It controls the travel sickness and also sickness during pregnancy.Here is the Recipe for inji Murappa.
Yields: 12-15 Medium sized Candy
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
1 and 1/2 cup Sugar
100 g Dry ginger powder
1/4 cup Water
1 tsp Ghee
How to Prepare:
- Boil water in a kadai and then add in sugar,mix well.
- Boil well until it reaches the one string consistence.
- Add in the dry ginger powder and then mix it well without lumps.
- Once it started foaming at the top add the ghee and immediately switch of the stove.
- Grease a container with ghee and transfer the ginger mix.Let it cool down for few minutes and then cut it into your desire shape and sizes,store it in a container.
- We can store it in room temperature,even for one month also.
- I used the dry ginger powder (sukku powder) to make this candy.If you didn’t get the dry ginger powder, you can use the fresh ginger.Grind the fresh ginger in mixie without adding water and then add the grinded paste into the sugar syrup.Boil it till it foams at the top.
- If you are using fresh ginger ,choose young ginger to make this candy.
- It is good for health but don’t take more than 2 pieces as ginger is produces more heat.
Have a Nice Day!!!