Long back my friend had introduced me this Lima beans.After i started using this beans in my regular cooking,it became our Family favorite. Today am just sharing a simple curry using Lima Beans.
I used the fresh Beans,if you didn’t get then use the canned one.Dry beans also available in stores.If you are using dried ones then soak it over night and use it.
1 and 1/2 cup Lima Beans
1 tsp Oil
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Medium Sized Onion Chopped
2 Tomatoes Finely Chopped
1 tsp Chilly powder
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
A Pinch Garam Masala Powder
1 tbsp grated Coconut
2 Garlic Pods
1/2 cup Water
Few coriander leaves for Garnishing
Salt as needed
- Grind the grated coconut and garlic with little water into smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and temper the jeera seeds.
- Add in the onion and tomato,saute well until it becomes soft.Add the chilly powder,coriender powder and salt,fry well until the raw smell goes.
- Add the coconut paste and garam masala,saute for few minutes.
- Then add in the beans and water.
- Pressure cook it-just 2 whistles is enough to cook , switch off the stove.Garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can try this curry with black eyed beans,peas etc.
- I did cooking in pressure cooker to save time,you can make it in Kadai also.
- If you are making in pressure cooker don’t cook it more than 2 whistles,otherwise the beans will become mushy.
- I made it semi dry curry,If you want more gravy you can add little water to make it thin curry.