This is my ‘demo’ cake which I did with my students to show them “how to make carrot cake with chocolate granache”.Initially i thought to make carrot cake in round tin but then made in Bundt tin as because of its versatility and broad appeal.After tasted this cake every one told it tastes divine.Do try this simple and easy version of carrot cake and enjoy
Oven Temperature : 180 degree Celsius
Baking Time : 35-40 minutes
Mould Size : 8” round tin or 2 mini Bundt tins
200gm Plain Flour
150gm Carrot Flakes
1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Soda Bicarbonate
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
3/4 cup Curd
100gm Melted Butter
1/4 tsp Salt
For Chocolate Ganache:
100 g chocolate
2 tbsp butter
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 5-10 minutes
- Grate the carrot and keep aside.
- Shift the cinnamon powder,soda bicarbonate,baking powder and flour keep aside.
- Add the butter,salt and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat well till it become soft.
- Add the curd and blend well.
- Add in the carrot flakes and mix well.
- Add in the shifted dry ingredients and vanilla essence mix well.
- Grease the tins and transfer the cake mix .Spread it evenly all over the tin.
- Bake it for 35-40 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- Once done,cool down completely.After few minutes turn it into a plate.
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler or in microwave oven and make it ready for Grenache.
Drop the chocolate ganache over the cake and set it for few minutes and then serve.
We loved this excellent texture of the carrot cake,topped with chocolate ganache and it’s pleasing cinnamon flavor.
- You can bake in normal 8 inch tin also.
- You can also try this cake without frosting too.
- You can use brown sugar instead white sugar.
- Add a tbsp of milk if the mix is too thick.
- Grease the tin with butter, in each every bends so that you will get the perfect Bundt cake,if you are using Bundt tin.
Have A Nice Day!!!