Cluster Beans Paruppu usili is my hubby’s fav.I have posted beans paruppu usili here and made many times at home but DH used to tell that it doesn’t taste like his mom’s usili This time i tried to made her version and it came out well.Here am sharing the recipe for Cluster Beans Paruppu Usili.
1/4 kg Cluster Beans(Kothavarangai)
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Urad dal
A Pinch Hing
A sprig Curry leaves
1 tsp Oil
1 tbsp Water
A pinch Turmeric powder
Salt as needed
1/4 cup Toor dal (soaked)
2 Dry red chillies
Salt as needed
- Soak the dal at least for 1 hour then grind it with little salt and dry chillies.
- Keep the ground paste in idly steamer and steam it for 10 minutes, keep aside.
- In the meantime wash and chop the cluster beans,keep aside.
- Crumble the steamed paruppu.
- Then heat a tsp of oil in a non- stick pan, temper with hing,mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Add the crumbled,steamed paruppu and stir fry for 3 minutes.Then Add the turmeric powder and little salt.
- Now add the chopped beans mix well.Sprinkle a tbsp of water and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Once the cluster beans becomes soft and cooked well,remove it from the stove and transfer it in to a bowl.
- After adding the Paruppu stir continuously other wise it started to burn at the bottom
- I don’t prefer boiling the cluster bean initially because all the nitrous values will go along with the water if we boil in water so adding it directly is good for health.
- Sprinkle a tbsp of water to make it cook well.
- You can try this same recipe with asparagus,flat beans,beans also.
Have a Nice Day!!!