Once is saw the Raw tomatoes in the market i have decided to make kootu.Raw tomato kootu is really a delicious and simple recipe for even a lazy day.You can make this kootu with ripen tomato also if you had ran out of veggie.Just the steamed rice is enough to try this.
4 Raw Tomatoes
1/3 cup Toor dal
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
Salt as needed
1tsp Toor dal
2 dry Red chillies(adjust according to your taste)
1 tsp Coriander seeds
2 tsp grated Coconut
A pinch hing
1 tsp Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/2 tsp Urad dal
A sprig Curry Leaves
1 Red Chilly
- Wash and Pressure cook the dal with a cup of water,till it becomes soft and mushy.
- Mash the dal and keep aside.
- Wash Tomatoes and Slice it.
- Dry roast the coconut,dal,chillies and coriander seeds.Powder it in mixie.
- Now add the sliced tomatoes, turmeric powder,salt and grinded powder with the dal,mix well.
- Pressure cook it to one whistle and remove it from the stove.
- Heat the oil and temper the mustard seeds,hing,urad dal and curry leaves.Add the tempering with kootu and mix well.
- Raw Tomatoes gives nice taste to the kootu,if you don’t find them then try with ripen tomatoes.
- If you don’t want to pressure cook the tomatoes then you can boil it separately and then mix it with dal.
Have a Nice Day!!!