The shape and texture of this pistachio biscotti are similar to Italian biscotti. The authentic recipes usually have no oil or butter.These cookies are very good while travelling because they were baked twice.I got this recipe from a friend. I used pistachios and freshly grated orange yeast for flavoring.You can try with any kind of nuts and dry fruits of your choice.You can also change the flavors to vanilla, chocolate,etc.
Makes 20 to 25 cookies
Bake time : 30 minutes
Temperature : 180 degree C.
2 cups all purpose flour,plus extra for dusting
1 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 and 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
2 tsp freshly grated orange zest
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven.
- Shelled the Pistachios.Make the orange zest by grating lightly the skin of the orange.Keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour,sugar,baking powder,pistachios and orange zest and mix well.
- Add in the beaten egg.
- Mix them well and we will get a sticky dough.
- Divide the dough into two part.
- Dust your hand and roll each portion into 2 logs.Place the logs on a parchment paper.
- Bake it for 20 minutes at 130 degree C.Remove and allow it to cool.
- Using the shredded knife cut the loaves into slices.
- Lay the cookies back to the cookies sheet.
- Bake them for 10 mins,turning the cookies once until it turns slightly brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool the cookies on wire racks.
These nutty,tasty treats are great for dunking into a hot beverage.
1.If you don’t like orange yeast flavor you can use any others.
2.No need to beat the egg for long,just to fluffy is enough.
3.You can keep this cookies well at room temperature for at least 3-4 weeks if stored in an airtight container.
Have a Nice Day!!!