This is my 300th post and it took me almost 3 years in fact 2 more months.Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement.
Today is my amma’s birthday.Last year we was there on this day.Me and aishu made a cake for her. Amma was so happy and enjoyed the cake.This year we are not with her but here am wishing her a very happy birthday, below is the cake pic that we baked last year for her.
To celebrate her birthday today am posting a simple velvet cake recipe which is an eggless version with whipping cream frosting.Made this cake last year and gifted a friend for Christmas.I wanted to publish this post last year itself but in holiday mood could not able to do it. But i want to post at least now before again the holiday mood comes
1 cup Plain flour
4 tbsp butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 tbsp coco powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 drops red food colour
1/2 cup butter milk
1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Pre heat the oven.Add butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Beat till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Shift the cake flour,coco powder,baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix the shifted flour with butter and blend well.
- Mix the food colour and vanilla essence with the butter milk and add in with the mix and blend well.
- Grease the tin with oil / butter and then line it with grease proof paper.
- Transfer the cake mix into the tin.
- Bake it for 30-40 minutes or till the wooden skewer inserted in the middle.Cool down the first batch and then repeat the same process one more time and transfer the next part into the tin and bake it.
- Once done,Layer both the cakes into 2,that is each cake into 2 layers.so totally we have 4 layers of cake is ready for frosting.
- Beat the whipping cream and icing sugar till the stiff beaks occurs.Divide the frosting and mix the colours separately keep aside.
- keep the first layer on the cake board and start doing icing.
- Stack the layers and Complete icing for all the four layer.
- Then cover the cake completely with icing.
- Always Start the deco from the bottom corners.
- Cover the corners without gap nicely.
- Then start doing deco on the top corner,i used the leaf tip for the corner deco.
- Now fill in the centre again with simple designs and complete the deco.
- Kept the edible sugar candies on top to bring the Christmas effect and i have completed the deco.
My friend loves cream frosting more so i layered the cake into four if you don’t like more frosting you can make it into 2 and proceed with deco.This is how it looks inside.Do try this recipe,the taste of this cake is really yummy.
Have a nice day!!!