Started Preparing for Ganesh Chathurthi? If not make rice flour first so that you can make the festival more easy and convenient.Wanna make very easy and simple kozhukkatai in less time? Try Ammini Kozhukattai.Ammini Kozhukattai is a delicious snack which can be prepared both sweet and spicy versions.I never miss to make this on vinayagar chathurthi day.
For Spicy Version:1
2 cups Rice Flour
4 cups Water
3 tsp Sesame Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Sesame oil
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Urad dhal
3-4 Green/Red chillies
A Pinch Hing
2 tbps Grated Coconut
A sprig Curry leaves
- Boil the water along with oil and salt.
- Once it boils well switch off the stove and then add the prepared rice flour.
- Stir it well using the ladle.Let it cool down and then knead well using hand,till soft dough.
- Start making kozhukattai.Grease your hand with a drop of oil and then make small marble sized balls.
- Steam it in a idly steamer.
- Once done cool it for sometime.
- Now heat oil in a kadai and then add hing,mustard seeds,urad dal,splited green chilled and curry leaves, let it to splutter.
- Add the half part of the cooked kozhukattai and Reserve some kozhukattai to make one more spicy version.Finally add the grated coconut,mix well.
- Once done switch off the stove and transfer it into a bowl.
- Take the reserved batch of kozhukattai in a plate.
- Simply add idly podi and oil over it mix it well.
- If you want more tempting then you can temper it and then serve it.Another version of Spicy Kozhukattai is ready now.
Lets Make Sweet Kozhukattai:
For Sweet Version:
1 cups Rice Flour
3/4 cup Grated Jaggery
1/3 cups Water
2 tbsp Grated Coconut
2-3 cardamom crushed
- Add water into a pan,let it to boil.Then add the grated jaggery and let it to boil for few minutes.
- After few minutes filter the impurities and again let the jaggery syrup to thick.
- Once done add the rice flour little by little and stir well.
- Finally add the grated coconut,mix well.
- Let it cool for some time.
- Make the dough like small marbles and steam it in a idly steamer.
Here is the Sweet Kozhukattai is ready for neivediyam
Am sending this to Festive Food Event-Ganesh Chathurthi Hosted by Priti.
Have a Nice day!!!