Potato Paal Curry is rich and delicious side dish.I got this recipe from my mom and happy to share this with u guys.
2-3 Medium Sized Potato
1 Medium Sized Onion
A sprig Curry leaves
2 Garlic Cloves,Minced
2 Green Chillies
1/3 cup Green Peas(fresh/frozen)
2-3 tbsp Coconut
1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
1 tsp Oil
1 inch Cinnamon Stick
Salt as Needed
- Wash and clean the Potato.Pressure cook the potato with enough water till soft and let it cool.
- Then Peal the skin and cut them into small pieces.
- Boil the green peas with enough water and cook,till soft and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in the kadai,add cinnamon stick,clove and minced garlic.Fry them for a while.Then add the Onion,green chillies,salt and tomatoes,fry them till soft.
- Add the Potatoes and Green Peas into the kadai.
- Grind the Coconut and fennel seeds into a fine paste with little amount of water.
- Add the Grounded Paste into Kadai and let it cook for sometime.Once the curry becomes thick,remove it from the stove.
Here is the delicious Potato Pal Curry is ready to serve.This curry goes well with all kinds of Khuzhambu and rotis.I like to have it with Vatha Kuzhambu.