TamilNadu Style Thayir Vadai, Carrot Payasam(kajar ka Kheer), Navathaniya Sundal Navratri Day 4 Naivedyam recipes with Onion and Garlic. Susscefully completed 4 days Prayer and Naivedyam. Today Sharing one Simple Navratri Naivedyam, which requires not much preparation. Thayir vadai is nothing Urad dal fritters dunked in Yogurt topped with south Indian style tadka and carrot coriander leaves. Very delicious and healthy vada version because they are deep-fried, it fried in Appe Pan.
Carrot Payasam is Gajar ka Kheer also very simple you don’t need condensed milk. Let’s see How to make for Naivedyam.
Step by Step Thayir Vada Recipe,
- Rinse & Soak 1 cup Urad dal in water for 2 hours. After 2 hours Drain the water and add it the mixie jar, 2 green chili and ¼ tsp salt. Add water little by little and grind it to a soft fluffy batter.
- Heat a Paniyaram Pan, Drop the batter in each pit, drizzle some oil on top and fry it. Or you can deep fry too. Once the vadai turn golden turn the other side and fry it.
- Once fried remove it from pan drop it in warm water to make it soft.
- Drain the water from the vadai and add it to a plate. Nicely beat the curd with salt, add tadaka, drop curd over the vadai.
Add your favorite toppings coriander leaves and serve cold.
Step by Step Carrot Payasam recipe, How to make Gajar ka Kheer:
- Soak 1/4 cup of Sago(javvarisi/sabudhana) for 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan, add 10 cashews fry till it turns golden(keep the flame low and fry cashew, Don’t burn it). Once fried add 1 cup of grated carrots and saute well.
- Add the soaked sago (javvarisi/sabudhana) and 2 cups of full cream milk, let it boil well for 5 to 8 mins on medium flame till sago cook well and it should turn transparent.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and a pinch of cardamom powder, mix well. Let it cook for another 3 mins and then switch off that’s it Carrot Kheer is Read for Naivadyam.
- More Carrot Recipes Like Carrot Sadam, Gajar ka Halwa, ABC juice, carrot Payasam
Navadhanyam Sundal Recipe, Navadanya Sundal:
How to Sprout Navadhanaym,
- Soak Navadhayam like 1 tbsp chana dal, 1 tbsp kollu(horse gram dal), 1 tbsp green gram dal, 1 tbsp dried green peas, 1 tbsp dried field beans, cow eye peas(karamani), red beans 1 tbsp. Soak in water for 24 hours. After 24 hours it will start to sprout. Drain the water and then Change to a colander cover it with damp cloth keep aside overnight or 2 days. It will be sprouted nicely.
Heat a pan with a tsp oil, add 1 tsp mustard seeds, and urad dal. Let it splutter add the navadhaniyam and 1/2 tsp salt and toss it just for min and switch off. That’s it Navadhanyam sundal is ready For Naivadyam. You can add coconut but I skipped it. Instead of tossing with tadka you can just add lime juice and salt like salad. it is more healthy too.
Hope you like this healthy version of Today Navratri Naivedhyam recipes. Do try and let me know your feedback!
Do try this recipe and let me know your feed back.