Pathiya Kuzhambu, Marundhu Kulambu, Sukku Kuzhambu, Sukku Milagu Kuzhambu, Poondu Milagu Kuzhambu all in one kuzhambu recipe for Cold, flu, stomach upset, indigestion, body pain, after delivery indigestion, improves lactation. 6 Types of Medicinal Quality Ingredients are used to make this Kuzhambu, I have mentioned the Healthy benefits of each and every ingredient used in Marundhu Kuzhambu. No Coconut used in this Kuzhambu as this recipe for newly delivered mummies. Check more Post Patrum Recipes like Diwali Marundhu recipe, Angaya Podi, Karuvepillai Kuzhambu, Karuvepillai Podi, Vepilai Katti, Moringa Powder
The Marundhu Kuzhambu Ingredients Health Benefits are,
Vetrilai(betel Leaf) Betel leaf is packed with the goodness of antibiotics that help in easing constant cough. These antibiotics in betel leaves ease phlegm and reduce the inflammation caused due to coughing.
Sukku(dry ginger) It gives relief to those suffering from cold and fever. Some use it regularly even without illness. It boosts immunity and gives relief to sore throat, running nose, congestion, and breathing issues related to congestion.
Milagu(Black Pepper) May improve blood sugar control, helps to lower cholesterol levels.
Dhaniya(Coriander Seeds) effect on the digestive process. Coriander prevents flatulence and controls spasmodic pain as recommended by Ayurveda.
Venthayam(Fenugreek Seeds) Helps in weight loss. Remedy for fever and sore throat. Prevents hair loss. improve digestion.
Cumin Seeds(Seeragam) boost the immune system, improve metabolism, good for digestion.
Pathiya Kuzhambu, Marundhu kuzhambu, recipe video,
Pathiya Kuzhambu, Marundhu kuzhambu, Recipe Card:
- Roast & grind:
- 2 Betel leaves
- ½ tsp sukku powder or 1 inch sukku or ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 & ½ tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp pepper
- A small pieces
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seed
- Other ingredients
- 20 malai poondu/ hill garlic
- 10 shallots
- 1 lemon sized tamarind extract in 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Heat a pan
- Heat a pan with a tsp oil roast everything Except dry ginger powder, Turmeric
- Roast in low flame, Till the seeds, pops
- Cooldown completely & then transfer to a mixie jar
- grind it along with betel leaves, sukku, turmeric, ⅓ cup water to a fine paste
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp sesame oil, add thing let it fry well
- add Garlic, shallots, curry leaves, fry till it becomes soft
- add the ground paste mix well saute for few seconds till the raw smell goes off
- tsp salt mix well
- Add the Tamarind Extract mix well
- Let it boil for 10 to 15 mins Till it becomes thick
- Kuzhambu becomes thick & it is ready to serve
- Switch off the stove
- This curry goes well with rice/millets, quinoa
- top little ghee or oil while serving
Always roast ingredients in low flame otherwise it will get burn
self-life for the kuzhambu is one month in the refrigerator.
if you are trying this kuzhambu for weight loss have it with millets or quinoa
Storage Tips: You can store it in the fridge for up to 1 month
Click this link for more than 50+ South Indian Kuzhambu Recipes like Vengaya Vatha Kuzhambu, Karakudi Pakoda Kuzhambu, Vendakkai Puli Kuzhambu, Sundakkai Vathal Kuzhambu, Senpan kizhambu Kara Kuzhambu