Paal Paniyaram made with fresh homemade coconut milk, Tamilnadu(Chettinad) Famous Thengai Paal Paniyaram is made using Raw rice and Urad dal. Soft and fluffy Paal Paniyaram Dunked in Cardamom Flavored Coconut Milk. This Chettinad famous delicacy is very simple and easy to make. No need Paniyaram/appe pans to make this Paniyaram. Perfect for weekend breakfast. Made with Homemade coconut milk. how to Make Coconut Milk at home shared along with the Paal Paniyaram Recipe.
Few more Thengai Paal Recipes you may interest to try, Thengai Paal Murukku, Aadi Thengai Paal Payasam recipe, Thengai Paal Sadam Recipe, Theangai Paal Murukku recipe, Paal Kozhukattai using Thengai Paal, Thengai Paal Payasam recipe.
Short Video of making Paal Paniyaram without Paniyaram/appe Pan
How to Make Thengai Paal at Home(Homemade fresh Coconut Milk)
1. Take 1 cup grated coconut, keep it in the microwave for 30 sec and then transfer it to a mixie jar add 1 cup warm water and grind it.
(Heating up in microwave makes the coconut soft and then we can extract the milk easily). If no microwave skips this step directly add the coconut in the mixie jar and add warm water.
2. pour the mixture into a strainer lined with cheesecloth
3. squeeze all the liquid out of the coconut until you’ve extracted as much of the milk as possible.
4. This is the first milk, you can further extract the same way 2nd and 3rd milk by adding little water.
Keep in mind that we should not boil the first milk as it will turn to curdle but we can boil the second and the third milk.
Coconut Milk is Ready, Let’s see How to Prepare Paal Paniyaram Without Paniyaram/appe Pan
How to Prepare Paal Paniyaram Recipe,
- 1 cup of raw rice(pachharisi)
- 1 cup Urad dal(ulundhu)
- oil for frying
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 cup thin coconut milk
- 2 cardamom crushed
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Take the second coconut milk and heat it in a saucepan. Add the sugar and cardamom and mix well. Let the sugar dissolve well. Switch off the stove. Finally, add the second coconut milk and mix it well. Thengai Paal is ready now to make Paniyaram.
- soak the raw rice and urad dal in water for 3 hours and then grind it to a smooth paste with little water approximately ½ cup.
- Transfer the batter to a bowl.
- Now heat the oil in low to medium. Once the oil gets heated add the batter drop by drop into the oil,
- Fry till it turns slightly crisp(keep in low to medium flame then only it will cook inside)
- Drain the oil and remove it from oil. keep in the kitchen towel for a few minutes and then add it with the coconut milk and mix well.
- Add the balls just before serving.
- Paal Paniyaram is ready to serve.
If you are using tin coconut milk dilute ie and then use it.
- For making the Thengai Paal for Paniyaram always Heat up the second coconut milk and finally add the first milk. Otherwise, it turns cuddly.
- You can store coconut milk in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- If you want to skip sugar you can add jaggery, but paal paniyaram should be in white color, its up to you.
Have a Good dAy!!