Pomegranate Rasam made with மாதுளை சாறு(pomegranate juice). POM Rasam, Pomegranate rasam, is just like orange, pineapple, and lemon rasam just the juice added with the rasam. Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants and minerals. It is good to include the fruits and vegetables in our meals. #unavemarunthu is the quality of our TamilNadu Food. Rasam is a classic dish that can be consumed as soup and served with rice as well. More healthy and interesting rasam like medicinal quality filled Vetrillai rasam, Kandanthipili rasam, Mor Rasam, Neem Flower Rasam, All these are very healthy and yummy rasam varieties do check the recipe.
The idea is not to boil the rasam after the fruit juice has been added. the Pom juice acts as the antioxidant in the Pomegranate gets inactivated while boiling.
some tips, suggestions, and variations for a perfect and flavored Madhulai rasam recipe.
firstly, I would always recommend using Fresh Madhulai sweet once to make madhulai rasam. secondly, don’t skip adding cooked dal(paruppu thanni) as it enhances the tastes. lastly, in this recipe, I have used the combination of tamarind and tomatoes and achieved the sourness. but if you wish to make it without tamarind, you can skip the tamarind and double the tomatoes ingredient.
Interesting Rasam collections from Prema’s Culinary, Paruppu Urundai Rasam, Poricha Rasam, Tomato Rasam(Thakkali Rasam), Kollu Rasam, Lemon Rasam, Pineapple rasam, cauliflower rasam, Mysore rasam, Kalyana rasam, Rasam Vadai.
pomegranate rasam in Tamil video recipe:
pomegranate rasam, Madulai paruppu Rasam:
- ¾ cup pomegranate juice/மாதுளை சாறு
- 1 Peppercorns/மிளகு
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds/சீரக விதைகள்
- 1 small gooseberry size Tamarind/சிறிய நெல்லிக்காய் அளவு புளி
- 1 medium-sized Tomato/தக்காளி
- 1 tbsp Toor Dal/துவரம் பருப்பு
- 2 tsp Salt/உப்பு
- Few chopped Coriander Leaves/கொத்தமல்லி இலைகள்
- For Tempering:
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds/கடுகு
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves/கறி இலைகள்
- 1 tsp Ghee/நெய்
- 1 pinch Hing/பெருங்காயம்
- Take pomegranate pearls and add it in the mixie jar grind it. extract the juice and set aside.
- In a motor or in a mixie jar add the Pepper & cumin seeds, crush them coarsely or powder them coarsely in mixie. set aside.
- Pressure cook the dal. Mash the tomatoes with your hands & keep aside. Extract the tamarind and keep aside.
- Now add the mashed tomatoes, tamarind extract & cooked dal to a saucepan.
- add 1 cup of water, turmeric powder & salt. Finally, add the grounded pepper & cumin seeds and mix well.
- Allow the Rasam to boil for about 2 minutes in a low to medium flame.
- when it started to foaming, add coriander leaves and switch off the stove.
- Now add the pomegranate juice and mix well.
- Heat ghee in another pan, add mustard seeds let it sputter and curry leaves, hing. Add this tempering over the rasam.
- Delicious Homemade pomegranate RASAM is ready to serve!
How I Served the madulai rasam for my Lunch, We can serve the pomegranate rasam with Hot Steaming Rice, Side dish like Potato Fry, Sepankizhangu Roast, Senaikizhangu Varuval.
I would love to hear from you. if you have made this recipe then rate the recipe or leave a comment below. if you like this recipe then do share the recipe link on Facebook(https://www.facebook.com/premasculinary), Twitter & Pinterest. for the Instagram mention, @premasculinary or tag #premasculinary
Enjoy Cooking Have a Happy Day!!!