Melt in Mouth Banana Rava Kesari, banana Kesari bath the traditional South Indian sweet dish made with semolina, mashed banana, and sugar. No artificial color added. It is a good Prashadh 🙏recipe. Banana Kesari bath is flavorful, soft, and fluffy Rava Kesari with mashed bananas cooked with semolina, sugar, and cardamom. No artificial colors or essence added. Here are some Yummy Kesari Recipes like Mango Kesari, Milk Kesari(Paal Kesari), Ragi Semiya Kesari, Aval Kesari recipe, Pineapple Kesari recipe.
To make perfect Banana Rava Kesari,
- usually, I add 2 & 1/2 cup water, but 3 cups water will give it mouth melting texture.
- Roasting the Rava with ghee prevents Kesari from turning sticky.
- Continuously stirring prevents lumps.
Every Friday I make some simple Prasadham for Neivedhyam. This Friday I made the banana Kesari for Neivedyam. I was very tasty and yummy. Here is the Banana Kesari recipe.
Banana Kesari Recipe Video:
Banana Kesari Recipe, How to make Banana Rava Kesari(Sheera):
- 1 cup fine sooji/rava/ semolina
- ½ cup banana mashed
- ¾ cup sugar or as required
- 2 tablespoon ghee + 1 tsp
- 2.5 cups water
- cashews, raisins, cloves
- 3-4 green cardamoms powdered
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan, add cashews, raisins & cloves roast till golden.
- Add the sooji or rava and fry till they change color and you get fragrant.
- add 2.5 cups of water &mashed banana, let it boil.
- Add cardamom powder, sugar & continue to stir. keep cover for few minutes or until rave cooks completely.
- After 1 or 2 minutes, add ghee & roasted cashews, mix well.
- Serve the banana Kesari hot, warm or cold.
2. you can add a mashed banana or ground banana.
3. I have used ½ cup of banana puree and 3/2 cup sugar. You can reduce the sugar also. adjust according to your tastebuds.
4. use well ripen bananas
Step by step Banana Kesari recipe:
Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan, add cashews, raisins & cloves roast till golden.
Add the sooji or Rava and fry till they change color and you get fragrant. add 2.5 cups of water &mashed banana, let it boil.
Add cardamom powder, sugar, ground puree & continue to stir. keep cover for few minutes or until rave cooks completely.
After 1 or 2 minutes, add ghee & roasted cashews, mix well.
Serve the banana Kesari hot, warm or cold.
Have a wonderful weekend!!