How to make Perfect உதிரி உதிரி Arisi Upma in Pressure Cooker??? Healthy Millet Upma(Kodo Millet Upma) with coconut chutney which is classic Breakfast that can be made under 30 mins. This Arisi Upma prepared in a Pressure cooker to save time and energy. Arisi Upma using Noi Arisi was uploaded long back do check that too. Millet is a good replacement for Rice. No pre-preparation required to make this arisi upma. Do check my YouTube Video and Step by step Picture for tips and Suggestions to make Perfect Arisi Upma.
There are some issues we face while making Upma like sometimes it will turn mushy or it will stick to the bottom and burn. it’s all because of the water ratio and some cooking methods. Let me share my way of making Arisi Upma.
Ragi Adai with Drumstick Leaves, Ragi Semiya Kesari Recipe, Thinai Murukku recipe, Thinai Arisi Maavu, Kambu Paal Payasam, Thinai Sakkari Pongal, Kambu Kozh these is some Ragi recipes in my blog(Indian Millet Recipes).
Tips and Suggestions to make Perfect (உதிரி உதிரி அரிசி உப்புமா)Arisi Upma:
- Wash the Millet or Rice well before use. Once you washed dry it in a towel and store. That is the first step I do because millets have lots of impurities.
- If you are using the rice just pulse it in mixie and keep aside. If you are using millet no need to pulse it.
- water ratio is 1:2, 1 cup millet, and 2 cups of water. If you use rice also the same ratio.
- most importantly I will add the millet or rice in the step after Tadka(tempering) and dry roast with oil so that it will become crisp. I don’t add it to boiling water. Sure the difference will be there. Watch the below video you will understand the difference.
- don’t open the pressure cooker unless the pressure settled down by as it is. Give some time to cook and also just let it cook for 2 whistles not more than that, otherwise, it will burn at the bottom.
I hope these tips will help you.
Arisi Upma(Millet Upma) Recipe:
How to make Arisi Upma Recipe in Pressure cooker recipe Card:
- 1 cup millet(Kodo Millet)
- 2 tbsp Toor Dal
- 2 tbsp Moong dal
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Ghee
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- salt as needed
- To Temper
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Channa Dal
- ½ tsp Urad Dal
- 2 dry Red Chili
- 1 large pinch hing
- wash the millet and dry in a kitchen towel or cloth to dry.
- Then grind dal, pepper, coarsely like rava.
- Heat oil in a pan and then add the tempering ingredients fry it. Once the mustard seeds splutter, add the millet and ground dal mix fry well.
- Add water and pressure cook to 2 whistles.
- Once done add ghee and mix well.You can add grated coconut for taste.
Soak and dry the rice, grind it coarsely (rice Rava). If you have rice Rava handy then you can prepare this upma in a jiffy. Just grind the dal, cumin, and pepper coarsely and then proceed with the second step.
Arisi Upma recipe with step by step pictures:
wash the millet and dry in a kitchen towel or cloth to dry.
Then grind dal, pepper, coarsely like Rava.
Heat oil in a pan and then add the tempering ingredients fry it. Once the mustard seeds splutter, add the millet and ground dal mix fry well and salt.
Add water and pressure cook to 2 whistles.
Once done add ghee and mix well. You can add grated coconut for taste.
Do try this recipe and let me know your feedback. Have a wonderful day!