Thakkali Kurma for rice Recipe from Amma, Delicious and Super Easy Tomato(Thakkali Kurma) Kurma Recipe with Coconut. Thakkali Kurma Recipe in Tamil is well explained detailed in Tamil Youtube Video. Simple and Flavourful Kurma that can be paired with Hot steaming rice, Idli, or Dosa. Vellai Kondakkadai Kurma recipe which is posted earlier is good to have with Chapati or any type of Indian Bread.
Do check these more Thakkali Recipes like Thakkali Chutney recipe, Manathakkali Keerai Kootu recipe, Manathakkali Keerai Thani Saru Recipe, Thakkali Sevai Recipe, Thakkali Thokku Recipe, Manathakkali Keerai Thanni Saru recipe, Thakkali Kuzhambu Recipe
Easy Thakkali Kurma recipe is a perfect recipe for weekends Lunch which can be served with rice. Tomatoes are cooked with spices and grounded coconut paste. This kurma recipe is mild and they are kids friendly and can be prepared in a jiffy. Prepare this easy Thakkali kurma along with rice and delight everyone in the family with this delicious curry.
Feeling Bored of making the same old Sambar and Rasam do try this unique and Delicious Tomato Kurma recipe. some tips, suggestions, and variations for a perfect and flavored Easy Thakkali Kurma recipe,
Thakkali Kurma Recipe, Easy Tomato Kurma Recipe in Tamil can be made perfectly with few Tips. First thing I didn’t use any cashew or any other things to make it thick gravy. To make it thick I did pressure cook the Toor dal and tomatoes initially for 4-5 whistles and then after blending with the masala. This gives a nice taste to the Kurma. Use the fresh Coconut just to smell the coconut before adding If little smell from the coconut spoils the whole process. Adding a hand full of coriander and mint leaves gives an awesome taste to the Kurma don’t miss adding it at the final stage.
Thakkali Kurma Recipe Video:
Thakkali Kurma Recipe made with fresh Coconut:
- 2 medium-sized onion/வெங்காயம்
- 3-4 green chilies/பச்சை மிளகாய்
- 3 garlic paste/பூண்டு
- Salt/உப்பு – As needed
- 1 tbsp oil/எண்ணெய்
- 3 nos. of cardamom/ஏலக்காய்
- 1 inch of cinnamon stick/இலவங்கப்பட்டை
- 3 cloves/கிராம்பு
- few annasi poo
- To Grind
- ½ cup of grated coconut/தேங்காய்
- 1 tsp fennel seeds/சோம்பு
- To Pressure Cook:
- 1 tbsp Toor dal
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- Pressure cook the toor dal with 2 tomatoes + 1 cup, for 3-4 whistles, mash, and keep aside.
- In a mixie jar add coconut and fennel seeds. Add water and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves and fry for a minute.
- Add green chilies, garlic, and fry well.
- Add the chopped onions and fry until they turn translucent.
- Add the cooked toor dal and salt. Add grounded coconut paste and water(I used the ½ cup water), mix well.
- cover and cook for 4-5 mins
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Delicious Tomato Kurma is ready to be served.
Amma’s Thakkali Kurma Recipe, Easy Tomato Kurma Recipe in Tamil
Firstly, In a mixie jar add coconut and fennel seeds. Add water and grind it to a smooth paste. Pressure cook the Toor dal with 2 tomatoes + 1 cup, for 3-4 whistles, mash, and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan, add cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, and fry for a minute.
Add green chilies, garlic, and fry well.
Add the chopped onions and fry until they turn translucent.
Add the cooked Toor dal and salt.
Add grounded coconut paste and water(I used the 1/2 cup water), mix well. cover and cook for 4-5 mins
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Delicious Tomato Kurma is ready to be served.
I would love to hear from you. if you have made this recipe then rate the recipe or leave a comment below. if you like this recipe then do share the recipe link on Facebook(https://www.facebook.com/premasculinary), Twitter & Pinterest. for the Instagram mention, @premasculinary or tag #premasculinary
Enjoy Cooking Have a Happy Day!!!