Methi Mathri Recipe, Methi Mathri is an easy Indian savory snack recipe made with fresh methi leaves and Whole-wheat flour. Sweet Mathri Recipe is another version of the Mathri recipe in Sweet version. I am always on the lookout for savory crackers and have tried Masala Puri Recipe even though they are deep-fried, I love to have them as my tea-time snacks. But this version looks so lovely! I got the recipe from my friend Jalpa. She made it for our last Tea Party. Everyone loved the taste, Quickly got the recipe from her because my version is different and I always bake the Mathris, not deep-fried one. This time I fried the Mathri(for the blog post) 🙂
Holi is around the corner, if you are looking for savory snack recipe I would like to suggest you try this Methi Mathri recipe, I bet you loved it. Crispy, crunchy, flaky Mathri are very good snacks for kids too. I have made this with wheat flour and fresh methi leaves combination but you can try this wheat flour and dry methi leaves. Very good snacks you can make and store it properly it will stay for a month also. Methi leaves and ajwain gives a nice flavor and it is very healthy too so don’t skip adding it. Check the Gujarati snack with methi leaves Methi Muthia.
Methi Mathri is a very easy snack with very fewer ingredients. Thank you so much, Jalpa, for the recipe. Methi Thepla is my other fav Gujarati recipe made with fresh methi leaves which I shared long back.
How to make perfectly flaky Mathri:
- First off, It’s really important to add room temperature ghee or butter instead of hot or cold. It creates pockets of air to help make those flaky layers in Mathri.
- Also, crumble the flour once the fat added(ghee or butter)
- Finally don’t press hard and roll the Mathris, just pinch a ball sized dough and flatten with hand.
- prick using a fork to prevent from puffing.
- Most Important Tip is that always fry in low to medium flame.
Methi Mathri Video Recipe:
Methi Mathri Recipe with wheat flour:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour/atta
- 1 tbsp Rava / semolina / suji(roasted)
- 1 tbsp fresh Kasuri methi
- 2 green chili
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1-inch ginger
- ⅓ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp ajwain/carom seeds
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- ⅓ cup water for kneading
- oil for frying
- firstly, in a food processor, add 1 tbsp Kasuri methi, 1 tsp pepper, ¼ tsp ajwain, 1 tsp cumin, 2 chilies, ⅓ tsp chili powder,1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 garlic cloves,
- inch ginger, ½ tsp salt grind it.
- In a large bowl take a cup wheat flour and 1 tbsp rava.add the methi mixture, add ghee or butter crumble and mix well making sure to form a moist flour.
- now add water as required and knead the dough.
- knead to a tight dough.
- pinch a ball sized dough and flatten with hand.
- prick using a fork to prevent from puffing.
- fry the Mathri in low to medium hot oil.
- remove from oil once they turn crispy and golden in color.
- drain off the methi Mathri over kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- finally, serve Mathri with evening chai
- store in an airtight container for a month.
you can make this using plain flour also
you can use dry methi leaves
Methi Mathri Recipe, How to make perfectly flaky Mathri:
firstly, in a food processor, add 1 tbsp Kasuri methi, 1 tsp pepper, ¼ tsp ajwain, 1 tsp cumin, 2 chilies, 1/3 tsp chili powder,1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 garlic cloves, 1-inch ginger, ½ tsp salt grind it.
In a large bowl take a cup of wheat flour and 1 tbsp Rava. add the methi mixture.
add ghee or butter crumble and mix well making sure to form a moist flour. now add water as required and knead the dough. knead to a tight dough.
pinch a ball sized dough and flatten with hand. prick using a fork to prevent from puffing. fry the Mathri in low to medium hot oil. remove from oil once they turn crispy and golden in color.
drain off the methi Mathri over kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
finally, serve Mathri with evening chai.
#methimathrirecipe, #howtomakemathri, #mathrirecipe, #howtomakewheatflourmathri, easy methi mathri recipe, Indian snack recipe, methi recipe, wheat flour mathri, atta mathri, Prema’s Culinary, Crispy Methi Mathri Recipe, मार्किट से भी खस्ता बनाये नमकीन मेथी मठरी।, Namkeen Mathri Recipe, Methi Ki Mathri , Methi Para Recipe
I would love to hear from you. if you have made this recipe then rate the recipe or leave a comment below. if you like this recipe then do share the recipe link on Facebook(https://www.facebook.com/premasculinary), Twitter & Pinterest. for the Instagram mention, @premasculinary or tag #premasculinary Enjoy Snacking!! Happy Holi!!!