It’s winter everywhere Gajar ka halwa recipes are poring why not in my blog. This recipe is adapted from here and it’s a perfect Gajar ka halwa recipe. Actually the measurements of the ingredients in stamped in my memory because many times I have made this halwa with the same recipe. Tastes amazing and do try this out. Making Gajar Ka Halwa is not rocket science, it’s very simple and easy. Bought the red carrots from al Maya stores Dubai, extraordinary taste.
Few more Halwa recipes like,
- Badam Halwa Recipe
- Dumroot Halwa Recipe
- Tirunelveli halwa recipe
- Anjeera Halwa Recipe
- Thirupagam Recipe
Gajar ka halwa Recipe Video.
Gajar ka halwa recipe with step by step Instructions & Photos,
Add ghee and Fry for another 3-4 minutes on low heat. Keep stirring continuously.
Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe, Ingredients Measurement and Recipe Notes.
- 4 cup kg red Carrots/ Gajar
- ½ cup Full Fat Milk
- 60 g desi Ghee
- 1 tsp freshly ground cardamom powder
- ¾ cup Sugar/cheni
- 100 g Khoya/mawa
- Almond and pistachio slivers For garnishing
- Wash the carrot and peel them.
- Grate the carrot to medium thickness.
- Add the carrots in a heavy bottom pan. saute for 4-5 minutes on low heat.
- Add sugar and cook for another3-4 minutes.
- Add ghee and Fry for 4-5 minutes on low heat. Keep stirring continuously.
- add cardamom powder. then add milk and cook on low heat until all the milk is absorbed.
- Add grated khoya.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers.
- Serve warm.
You can freeze the halwa for 1-2 months. Just transfer it in a freezer-safe box and freeze. Thaw before using and warm in a microwave.
You can make this gajar halwa without khoya also. Increase the amount of milk by ½ liter and skip the khoya. Follow the remaining process exactly. However, the real taste comes when khoya is added to it. So skip it, only if it is really not possible.