Senai Varuval is a simple and humble dish that tastes delicious when served with sambar and rasam rice. Kids friendly for lunch boxes. Before I get into the recipe, here are some of the fry/Varuval recipe in Prema’s Culinary which you might be interested in Potato fry, Beans fry, Seppakizhangu fry, Kovaikkai Varuval, Jackfruit seed fry and many more…
Let’s SEE HOW TO MAKE SENAI VARUVAL/YAM FRY IN THIS QUICK VIDEO RECIPE
STEP BY STEP DESCRIPTION OF SENAI KIZHANGU VARUVAL/YAM FRY:First, heat oil in the pan and add mustard seeds, urad dal, and let it splutter. add curry leaves, hing.
add the cubed yam, turmeric powder, sambar powder, and salt, fry well. add thick tamarind extract & sprinkle little water, Close and cook until the Senai Kizhangu is well cooked.
keep frying in simmer for almost 20-30 minutes until the yam is well roasted.
serve hot with rice or roti
Crispy Senai Varuval straight from Kadai 🙂
Kalyana Veetu Senai Kizhangu Varuval Recipe card:
- 250g Elephant foot yam/சேனைக்கிழங்கு(cut into cubes)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder/மஞ்சள் தூள்
- 1 gooseberry sized tamarind/நெல்லிக்காய் அளவிலான புளி
- 1 & ½ tsp Sambar Powder/சாம்பார் தூள்
- 1 tsp salt/உப்பு
- For Tempering:
- 1 tbsp oil/எண்ணெய்
- 1 tsp mustard seeds/கடுகு
- 1 tsp urad dal/உளுத்தம் பருப்பு
- pinch hing/பெருங்காயம்
- few curry leaves/கறிவேப்பிலை
- First, heat oil in the pan and add mustard seeds, urad dal, and let it splutter. add curry leaves, hing.
- add the cubed yam, turmeric powder, sambar powder, and salt, fry well.
- add thick tamarind extract & sprinkle little water, Close and cook until the Senai Kizhangu is well cooked.
- keep frying in simmer for almost 20-30 minutes until the yam is well roasted.
- serve hot with rice or roti
adjust the spice level according to your tastebuds.
tips to make crispy Senai kizhangu varuval,
- Adding tamarind extract will reduce the itchiness and also enhance the taste of the curry.
- keep in low flame for 10 mins and fry well will give you crispy Senai fry.
- Don’t add so much water the Senai will turn mushy.
Are you making this recipe? I would like to see your creations so snap a photo and tag @premasculinary on Instagram with the hashtag #premasculinary
please give a thumbs up and press the subscribe button.
You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram or more easy recipes.
Read our Recipe Blog: www.premascook.com
Subscribe to our channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c