Pudalangai poricha kootu recipe is lentils and snake gourd cooked with ground spices. Pudalangai poricha kootu recipe is the staple kootu recipe of Thanjavur Iyengars. MIL’s kootu recipe is very famous in my family and this version is so simple to make and easy to understand because this is done simply in a pressure cooker. just add all ingredients pressure cook & tempering, that’s it Pudalangai kootu recipe ready. Pudalangai paal kootu is the which I posted earlier is different from this pudalangai kootu.
Pudalangai kootu recipe with coconut and no onion & garlic. This is a traditional recipe from Tamil Nadu, South India. It is a portion of great comfort food and is truly delicious and easy to prepare. Pudalangai poricha kootu recipe is a rich source of proteins and is high in dietary fiber. It is one of those dals that gets cooked very fast. Let’s move on to the recipe for easy Pudalangai poricha kootu recipe
Pudalangai poricha kootu recipe video
Pudalangai poricha kootu recipe step by step:
1. first chopped pudalangai & keep aside.
2. pressure cook the toor dal & channa dal.
3. grind the coconut, cumin seeds & chili into a fine paste with little water.
4. now in a pressure cooker put all together like pudalangai(snake gourd), grounded paste & cumin seeds. Pressure cook for 2 whistles and switch off.
5. Make the tempering, heat oil and add mustard seeds, urad dal, chili, curry leaves.
6. add the tempering over the kootu mix well. Pudalangai kootu ready.
The tempering is done with just little oil and after simmering for a few minutes to a slightly thick consistency, pudalangai poricha kootu is ready to be served with rice. It goes well with chapatis also. The coconut and spices give a nice taste to this dish.
- 150 g Pudalangai(snake gourd)/புடலங்காய்
- ⅓ cup Toor dal/துவரம்பருப்பு
- ⅓ cup channa dal/கடலை பருப்பு
- 1 tsp turmeric powder/மஞ்சள் தூள்
- ½ tsp salt/உப்பு
- To grind/அரைக்க:
- 2 tbsp coconut/தேங்காய்
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/சீரகம்
- 1 green chili/ பச்சை மிளகாய்
- for tempering/தாளிக்க தேவையானவை:
- few curry leaves/கறிவேப்பிலை
- 1 tsp mustard seeds/கடுகு
- ½ tsp urad dal/உளுத்தம் பருப்பு
- 1 tsp coconut oil/தேங்காய் எண்ணெய்
- first chopped pudalangai & keep aside.
- pressure cook the toor dal & channa dal.
- grind the coconut, cumin seeds & chili into a fine paste with little water.
- now in a pressure cooker put all together like pudalangai(snake gourd), grounded paste & cumin seeds. Pressure cook for 2 whistles and switch off.
- Make the tempering, heat oil and add mustard seeds, urad dal, chili, curry leaves.
- add the tempering over the kootu mix well. Pudalangai kootu ready.
2. I pressure cooked the kootu, you can cook it normally method also
3. temper with coconut oil or ghee for good taste
Are you making this recipe? I would like to see your creations so snap a photo and tag @premasculinary on Instagram with the hashtag #premasculinary
please give ***** and comment below.
You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram or more easy recipes.
Read our Recipe Blog: www.premascook.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c