kuska recipe, How to make kuska recipe in TamilNadu hotel style. Vellai kuska without tomato, 100% vegetarian recipe. Empty + rice is Kuska. kuska is plain biryani rice taste so delicious with the flavor of coconut milk and I have no words to describe the taste. Don’t hesitate to try it out by just giving a glance at the biryani ingredients list.
If you organize everything before cooking it is a very easy one-pot meal, and a simple raitha is enough to have a hearty meal. Actually it is not spicy like ordinary biryani. no chili powder, no biryani masala added. Tamil Hotel kuska is a mild and delicious biryani variety. Today am sharing the vellai kuska biryani recipe with step by step photos. A Youtube video is added for easy understanding.
By the way, I have a vegetable kushka recipe in my blog too but that involves more ingredients (and also tastes amazing!) but I just thought it would be nice to share an easy version of the same with you guys on the blog!
Tips to make perfect kuska:
- Here I have mentioned 1 cup rice and 1/3 cup coconut milk so water should be 1 & 3/4 cup. if you increase the rice proportion adjust it according to this measurement.
- I used coconut milk, it gives a very rich taste to this kuska biriyani recipe.
- If preferred add 1/3 cup of curd can be added, which gives a restaurant touch to the dish.
- The addition of fried bread makes the kuska biryani more rich and colorful don’t skip it. kids love this addition
- I have added Ghee+oil it will give a nice taste, you can go with only ghee also.
- For more flavor, you can add kewra water.
- the secret of kuska biryani is the black stone flower(star anise), never miss to add it, which lends a wonderful aroma to the whole dish.
- If you see the ingredients list I have used the chili only so adjust the number of chili as per your spice level to this kuska biryani recipe.
- You can use either Jeera/seeraga samba rice/ basmati rice but make sure that you soaked 1 hour in water before cooking. ( I used basmati rice)
- If you water kuska in white color like in hotel kuska style, don’t add tomato or red chili powder it will change the kuska color
- Veggie’s choice is purely optional, cauliflower, potato, etc can also be used.
collections of 15+ biryani recipes like Kola Urundai Biryani, kothamalli biryani, Paneer Dum Biryani, Dindigul thalapakatti biryani recipe, Hyderabadi biryani recipe, Ambur biryani recipe, potato biryani
kuska recipe, Muslim kuska biryani video:
kuska recipe, method of making kuska recipe:
1. first soak basmati rice for 1 hour. Then slice the onion and cut all veggies, keep aside. cut the bread slices into small cubes, keep aside.
2. heat ghee in the Kadai, add the cubed bread pieces. fry till golden and remove from the stove, keep aside.
3. Heat ghee+oil in a Kadai add all the biryani spices, saute it.
4. add sliced onion, green chili, ginger-garlic paste. saute well.
5. add vegetables and salt, saute for a min and then add the water, let it cook.
6. add coconut milk+water and mix well. Once it starts boiling. add the soaked rice without water.
7. cover and cook for 5-10 mins or until rice become soft and fluffy.
8. finally add the fried bread and garnish with coriander leaves serve.
9. serve it with biryani kathirikai, raita, and salan.
Kuska biryani recipe card with ingredients list below:
- kuska biryani spices
- 1 inch Cinnamon/இலவங்கப்பட்டை
- 2 Cardamom/ஏலக்காய்
- 3 Cloves/கிராம்பு
- 2 Bay leaves/பிரியாணி இலை
- 2-star anise/அனிசிப்பூ
- 1 tsp fennel seeds/பெருஞ்சீரகம்
- kuska Biryani
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste/இஞ்சி பூண்டு விழுது
- 2 medium-sized onion /வெங்காயம்
- 3 Green chilies/பச்சை மிளகாய்
- chopped vegetable/காய்கறி of your choice
- 1 tbsp Curd/தயிர்
- ⅓ cup coconut milk/தேங்காய் பால்
- jeera rice/ஜீரா அரிசி or basmati rice/பாஸ்மதி அரிசி - 1 cup
- coriander leaves/கொத்துமல்லி தழை
- mint leaves/புதினா இலைகள்
- first soak basmati rice for 1 hour. Then slice an onion and cut all veggies, keep aside.
- heat ghee in the Kadai, add the cubed bread pieces. fry till golden and remove from the stove, keep aside.
- Heat ghee+oil in a Kadai add all the biryani spices, saute it.
- add sliced onion, green chili, ginger-garlic paste. saute well.
- add vegetables and salt, saute for a min and then add the water, let it cook.
- add coconut milk+water and mix well. Once it starts boiling. add the soaked rice without water.
- cover and cook for 5-10 mins or until rice becomes soft and fluffy.
- finally, add the fried bread and garnish with coriander leaves serve.
- serve it with biryani kathirikai, raita, and salan.
try this delicious kuska and enjoy weekend!
Are you making this recipe? I would like to see your creations so snap a photo and tag @premasculinary on Instagram with the hashtag #premasculinary
please give ***** and comment below.
You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram or more easy recipes.
Read our Recipe Blog: www.premascook.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c