Manathakkali Thanni Saaru recipe(Black Nightshade soup) is the TamilNadu style special Soup recipe which I shared long back, my Amma’s Version. Thought to share a Youtube Video of How to make “Manathakkali Thanni Saaru” Quickly at Home. Manathakkali Keerai(how we call in Tamil) is also known as Black Nightshade in English. Saaru(Tamil word) is nothing but Soup or Extract so Manathakkali Thanni Saaru is the Tamil word means Black Nightshade soup. As everyone knows the medicinal Quality of the Manathakkali Keerai is very good for the mouth ulcer or stomach ulcer. Instead of taking b complex we can have a bowl of this Manathakkali Thanni Saaru or Manathakkali Keerai Thanni Saaru is enough to cure all types of ulcers.
The Above is the Picture of Manathakkali Keerai. You can the strong stem of the Keerai and we want only the leaves to make the soup. I usually pluck the Keerai from our backyard but here in Dubai, we use to buy the Manathakkali Keerai weekly once in Perumal stores and make either Manathakkali Thanni Saaru or Manathakkali Keerai Kootu.
You can find the small balls in the Manathakkali Keerai is the Manathakkali fruit we can make Manathakkali Vatha Kuzhambu with that.
How to make Manathakkali Thanni Saaru recipe (Youtube Video),
Recipe Card For Manathakkali Thanni Saaru Recipe:
- 300 g Manathakkali Keerai/Black Night Shade leaves
- 10 Shallots/Chinna Vengayam, chopped
- 1 tsp oil / Thengai Ennai
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / Seeragam,
- 1 cup thick coconut milk/thengai paal
- 1 cup water/Thanni
- 1 tsp salt/Uppu
- Remove the only leaves from the manathakkali keerai, wash and clean it.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a saucepan, add the cumin seeds.
- Add the chopped shallots and fry well.
- Add the Keerai and saute for a second and then add the coconut milk.
- Add water cover and cook for 5 to 10 mins or till the leaves become soft and mushy.
- Finally, add the salt and boil for a second and switch off the stove.
- Manathakkali soup is ready to serve.
don't saute the Keerai too much, just a second and then add water and milk.
Soup is little sour but very good for all types of ulcer