Sweet Mathri recipe For Karva Chauth with step by step pictures and Video. Easy and Simple Sweet Mathri that you can make within 30 mins. Delicious sugar coated sweet which used to make for Karva Chauth and it is suitable for all occasions Masala Puri recipe I have shared is the savory version of snacks that also people make for Diwali. Sweet Mathri is almost tasted like Shakar Para and the only difference is that the shape. Let’s see How to make Maida Mathri at Home. Happy Karva Chauth to all my readers 🙂
Sweet Mathri Recipe I saw few recipes used wheat flour to make Sweet Mathri and got the idea. But I have used plain flour in this recipe. You can use Whole Wheat Flour. Karva Chauth I around the corner, Sunday 28 October this post will help the beginners to make Sweet Mathri ina simple and easy way.
There are different ways of Mathri preparation, we can bake the methi mathri or we can fry it in oil/ghee. Some use sesame seeds as well. Today am sharing maida sweet mathri which very soft and flaky inside. I am sure its melt in mouth sweet recipe.
How to make Perfect Sweet Mathri in the Easy method:
- You can use either 2 cup wheat or 2 cup plain flour or 1 cup maida and 1 cup wheat flour. Sieve them before use.
- for the sweet mathri dough we can use ghee or butter in room temperature, not hot melted ghee or butter.
- Just a little water should use to make the stiff dough. I have used just 1/3 cup of water for 2 cups of maida.
- rest the dough for at least 20 mins so that we will get a soft flakey Mathri.
- always fry the mathris in low to medium flame so that it will cook inside.
- sugar syrup you can make single string or double string. if you dip in a single string you can get the shiny soft sweet mathri and if you dip in a double string you can get sugar crystals on top of the mathris.
Just keep these in mind while making sweet mathri.
Sweet Mathri Recipe :
- 2 cups maida
- ½ cup ghee/butter
- ⅓ cup water
- oil/ghee for frying
- for syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ tsp cardamom powder
- take a cup maida and ½ cup ghee just crumble the flour
- add water little by little and make stiff dough
- rest the dough for at least 20 mins
- after 20 mins divide the dough into small lemon sized balls
- flatten the balls using the rolling pins or just flatten it with your hands.
- pork the mathri with a fork or with toothpicks so that it will puff up while frying it in oil.
- heat oil or ghee and fry the mathris, once it started golden drain the oil and remove it.
- meanwhile make the sugar syrup, add sugar, water, and cardamom powder and let it boil.
- once it comes to one string consistency remove it from the stove and start dipping the mathris.
- take them out and arrange it on a plate. once it becomes dry you can store it in an airtight container.
- Sweet mathris are ready for a festival
Check the North Indian Snacks like Masala Puri with Methi leaves, Samosa pinwheels, Dahi ki Sholay, Nankhatai etc
Sweet Mathri Recipe Video (meethi Mathri Recipe Video):
Happy Karva Chauth and enjoy the day!