Kokum sharbat recipe, Kokam juice recipe with step by step photos and detailed video. Kokum sharbat recipe made from the extract of dried Kokum(Garcinia Indica) called Kokum Syrup. Say Goodbye to all Carbonated drinks and try this Homemade Kokum Juice made with Kokam Syrup 🙂 Ya Summer, Thirsty thirsty all the time we need some energy drink to boost our energy. Store bought Drinks contains a lot of sugar and artificial colors. Keep a full stop of buying the juices from the store and make this healthy Kokum Sharbat at home. Kids love this only because of this natural color.
Kokum is Garcinia Indica and has got a lot of health benefits. I bought the dried Kokum in al Adil and to post some Kokum Recipes on my blog. After reading its medicinal benefits thought to make the Kokum Syrup at home instead of buying it. Summer Cooler recipes you may like try, Kulukki Sarbath Recipe, Jil Jil Jigarthanda, Mango Piyush, watermelon juice, kambu koozh, vazhaithandu moor, Nongu Rose milk, pink guava juice
Tips to Make and Store Kokum Syrup:
- If you making with the Fresh kokum fruit just take the pulp and grind it. Make sugar syrup and then add the juice, add cumin powder, salt, and pepper, boil it. Drain the impurities and serve cold. Fresh Kokum syrup is ready.
- If you are the Dried kokum soak in warm water and then grind it.
- If you want to drink the Kokum for Weight loss skip the sugar and make it. As we have added the salt it tastes good without sugar.
- We can store the syrup in the fridge for up to 5 months. If you want to keep the Kokum Juice at room temperature add sodium benzoate will make the syrup to stay for long.
KOKUM SHARBAT INGREDIENTS:
kokum sharbat ingredients are dried kokum, cumin powder, pepper powder, sugar, salt.
kokum sharbat recipe video
HOW TO MAKE KOKAM JUICE, KOKAM SHARBAT STEP BY STEP RECIPE:
Take kokum and soak it for 30 mins and then grind it to a smooth paste. keep aside
Take water in a pan and let it boil. Add the sugar to it and let it dissolve. make a sugar syrup and then add the grounded kokum paste and stir well.
Add salt to the kokum mixture, add cumin powder.
Add pepper powder and let it boil for a minute and switch off the stove. Strain the mixture.
the kokum syrup is ready. Store the kokum Syrup in a bottle and refrigerate it.
take a serving glasses and drop 3 tbsp of kokum syrup, ice cubes.
Add water, stir well and serve chilled.
Recipe Card for Kokum Sharbat recipe:
- 1 cup kokum/kokam
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- ¾ tsp black salt (sanchal)
- 1 tsp pepper powder(kali mirch)
- 1 cup water(to make kokum syrup)
- Take kokum and soak it for 30 mins and then grind it to a smooth paste. keep aside
- Take water in a pan and let it boil.
- Add the sugar to it and let it dissolve. make a sugar syrup and then add the grounded kokum paste and stir well.
- Add salt to the kokum mixture, add cumin powder.
- Add pepper powder and let it boil for a minute and switch off the stove. Strain the mixture.
- the kokum syrup is ready. Store the Syrup in a bottle and refrigerate it.
- take a serving glasses and drop 3 tbsp of kokum syrup, ice cubes.
- Add water, stir well and serve chilled.
2. adjust the pepper if you want more spicy.
Have a nice day!