Jackfruit Biryani Recipe, Kathal Biryani, பலாகாய் பிரியாணி(palakai Biryani in Tamil) with Step by step Photos and Video. Hyderabadi style Jackfruit Biryani in 5 easy steps. Tender Jackfruit curry(palamusu recipe) is the one very famous in South Indian Curry made of Jackfruit. Jackfruit Biryani recipe or Kathal Ki Biryani recipe is the most flavourful recipe that i ever made. Taste extradinary with the soft and well cooked Tender Jackfruit(kathal). I am sure its a yummy treat for all Biryani Lovers 🙂 As Ramadan Fasting is going on i have posted this Jackfruit Biryani recipe on rite time. Hope Some Veg biryani Lovers will try it. ☪️Ramadan Kareem To all My friends and Readers.
Hyderabadi dum Biryani Recipe that i have posted earlier and the Kola urndai Biryani Recipe are my Favorite in Recent Times. Amma will say she Loves my Biryani Varieties that she love my Hyderabadi Dum Biryani. I Love to Experiments on Variety of Biryani and I have too good Biryani Collections in My blog. Don’t Miss to check it out. Everyone says that the Palakai that is Tender Jackfruit is a very good meat replacer but i feel that it taste good than a meat and healthy too. Before going to the recipe do check How to Cut Raw Jackfruit Easily to make Biryani.
How to Cut Jackfruit to make Biryani:
This video help you to learn how to cut the Jackfruit Effortlessly. Cut and make ready the Tender Jackfruit to make Biryani. Below Video Shows the Detailed jackfruit Biryani recipe.
How to make Jackfruit Biryani Recipe Video:
Step By Step Jackfruit Biryani Recipe Hyderabadi Style:
1.corse powder the 2-inch cinnamon, 5 cardamom, 5 cloves, 3-star anise,keep aside.
2.Take 5-6 green chilles grind coarsely,keep aside
3.Take 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
4.mince the coriander and mint leaves
5.Take 250g of Kathal/Raw jackfruit and Add it in a bowl.
6.Now add all the ground ingredients with the Raw Jackfruit.
7.Add 1 tsp chilly powder, 1/3 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp salt.Add one hand full fried onions.Add 1/3 cup oil or ghee
Add 1/3 cup curd,mix everything well.Marinate it for 30 mins.
8.Meanwhile Add 2 cups rice and 4 cups water in a rice cooker.Add a tsp salt and boil the rice.the rice has to be 75% or ¾ᵗʰ cooked.
9.Heat ghee in a kadhai and add onion, ginger garlic paste saute well.
10.Once the raw jackfruit becomes soft, add 3/4 th cooked rice by layer.
11.Add the orange food colour, garnish it with mint leaves,fried onions,close it.
12.close the lid. keep dum for 10 mins. After 10 mins you can serve the biryani with Onion Raita or Biryani Kathirikai.
Recipe Card For Jackfruit Biryani Recipe:
- 2-inch cinnamon
- 5 cardamom
- 5 cloves
- 3 star anise
- 5-6 green chilles
- coriander and mint leaves
- 450 g mixed vegetables or veg chicken
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ⅓ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp salt
- one hand full fried onions
- ⅓ cup oil or ghee
- ⅓ cup curd
- To cook rice we need:
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- to garnish:
- Orange food color
- fried onions
- mint leaves
- corse powder the 2-inch cinnamon, 5 cardamom, 5 cloves, 3-star anise,keep aside.
- Take 5-6 green chilles grind coarsely,keep aside
- Take 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- mince the coriander and mint leaves
- Take 250g of Kathal/Raw jackfruit and Add it in a bowl.
- Now add all the ground ingredients with the Raw Jackfruit.
- Add 1 tsp chilly powder, ⅓ tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp salt.Add one hand full fried onions.Add ⅓ cup oil or ghee
- Add ⅓ cup curd,mix everything well.Marinate it for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile Add 2 cups rice and 4 cups water in a rice cooker.Add a tsp salt and boil the rice.the rice has to be 75% or ¾ᵗʰ cooked.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and add onion, ginger garlic paste saute well.
- Once the raw jackfruit becomes soft, add ¾ th cooked rice by layer.
- Add the orange food colour, garnish it with mint leaves,close it.
- close the lid. keep dum for 10 mins. After 10 mins you can serve the biryani.
2. rice should not cooked well, it should cook ¾ th only.
3. add the sour curd to get tasty biryani
Have a Happy Biryani Day 🙂 Enjoy Biryani 🙂