Tabbouleh recipe,lebanese tabbouleh salad recipe with step by step photos and video. easy tabbouleh recipe is made of Bulghur wheat, fresh mint and parsley. Traditional tabbouleh has bulghur wheat or quinoa. Tabbouleh salad (sometimes spelled tabouli or tabbouli) let’s learn the Lebanese style gluten free Tabbouleh in easy method. Do check the Easy salad in my blog like Philipino fruit salad.
As i have metioned earlier i am great fan of Lebanese food. I tried hummus, shawarma on my hands on. My recent attempt of making Tabbouleh salad and we all love it. Am staying just a floor above Hawi restaruant and am giving a try one by one. Love the tabbouleh salad because of its simplicity and healthy way of making salad.
Bulghur is the cracked wheat that has been partially cooked and can used in pilafs, soups in Middle East and Mediterranean Basin. we can replace quinoa with bulghur, for variation we can add cucumber or any of fav veggies.
Easy tabbouleh recipe video:
Step by step tabbouleh recipe, lebanese tabbouleh recipe, bulghur tabbouleh recipe:
Take 1/2 cups of Bulghur and add it in a bowl and add the boiled water over it.
Let it stand for 15 mins. Set aside to soak until softened but still chewy, about 15-20 minutes.
When the bulgur is done, drain off any excess water and place in the large bowl. Add the chopped tomatoes.
Add green onions, chopped parsley and mint.
add lime juice and salt.
Add oilve oil.
Toss everything together, taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
Recipe card for How to Make Tabbouleh Salad with Bulgur, Quinoa, or Cracked Wheat:
- ½ cup bulgur (see Recipe Notes for quinoa and cracked wheat versions)
- 1 lemon
- 1 to 2 large bunches of flat leaf parsley, washed and dried
- 1 large bunch of mint, washed and dried
- 2 scallions
- 2 medium tomatoes
- ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 small cucumber (optional)
- A few whole leaves of mint for garnish
- Place the bulgur in a small bowl and cover with very hot (just off the boil) water by ½-inch. Set aside to soak until softened but still chewy, about 15 minutes.
- When the bulgur is done, drain off any excess water and place in the large bowl. Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add green onions, chopped parsley and mint.
- add lime juice and salt.
- Add oilve oil.
- Toss everything together, taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
To make tabbouleh with cracked wheat, substitute 1 cup of cooked cracked wheat for the bulgur.
Tabbouleh is very flexible. Feel free to add more or less of any ingredient based on your palate. The ground allspice may sound unusual but I encourage you to try it. It adds a touch of warmth and spice.