Peanut Chutney with onion or with garlic gives a unique flavor to the chutney. I have roasted the garlic and added. If you don’t like garlic skip and roast all other ingredients and grind it. The recipe I share here is a very simple version of Peanut chutney with fewer ingredients. This is very usual in all south Indian homes. Today made ghee roast for breakfast and thought to make some chutney Chutney means we only remember coconut chutney or tomato chutney. there is no tomato or fresh coconut in the fridge confused what to make then the King of the Nuts Peanuts is tempting my eyes and made this Peanut chutney. Am thoroughly enjoyed my Breakfast. Crispy Ghee Roast and Tasty Peanut Chutney yummy combo!
Some Variations in Peanut Chutney you must Like:
- There are few variations in making the Peanut chutney, Peanut chutney with Onion and tomatoes. Roast the onion and tomatoes until golden, grind it along with the roasted peanuts, and salt to a smooth paste. This is Tomato Peanut Chutney.
- Peanut chutney with Dal, Roast the Urad dal, chana dal, peanuts, tamarind, garlic and grind it to a smooth paste This is Peanut Chutney without Coconut.
- Peanut chutney with Green chili and dal without coconut. This is another version. These are the ways of making Peanut Chutney.
Today am Sharing my mom Version of Verkadalai (peanut ) chutney which is very famous in my hometown.
Peanut Chutney with Coconut, Groundnut(verkadalai) chutney Recipe Video:
Peanut Chutney with Coconut, Groundnut(verkadalai) chutney Recipe(step by step Directions)
- Roast the 1/2 cup peanuts(verkadalai) until golden. Roast 1/3 cup dry coconut, 2-3 green chili, tamarind, 1 garlic clove. Roast everything well and let it cool for sometime.
2. Add salt and Ground it to a smooth paste with little water. Peanut chutney with coconut is ready to serve.
Peanut Chutney recipe with coconut Recipe card:
- for chutney
- ½ cup peanuts or groundnuts
- ⅓ cup grated coconut or dry coconut
- 2 green chilies
- small gooseberry sized tamarind
- 1 garlic cloves
- salt as per the taste
- water for grinding
- for seasoning
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1-2 red chilies
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch hing
- ½ tbsp mustard seeds
- ½ tbsp urad dal
- Roast the ½ cup peanuts(verkadalai) until golden.
- Roast ⅓ cup dry coconut, 2-3 green chili, tamarind, 1 garlic clove. Roast everything well and let it cool for sometime.
- Add salt and Ground it to a smooth paste with little water. Peanut chutney with coconut is ready to serve.
Make sure that peanut should not burn while roasting.
I prefer grinding peanuts with the skin since it has a lot of nutritional value.
Check the variations above to make different peanut chutneys.
Peanut chutney is ready to serve. Do check some chutney collection in my blog like onion chutney, tomato chutney, garlic chutney, Coriander tomato chutney, Kollu chutney, Vengaya Vadagam Chutney, Coriander Chutney, Urad dal Chutney, coconut chutney.
Have a happy Wednesday to all!