Restaurant style Dahi Ke Kabab is just looking like my above picture, they serve Dahi Kabab with Chat chutneys and salads. You all know kebabs are originated from UAE. You can Find Kebab or Kabab restaurants everywhere and there must be veg kabab options too. We use to go Kebab bistro in Karama serves very good Kabab and they too have veg kabab options like Sheek kabab, murgh kabab and many more. You can see a menu board hanging outside titled like Garam Garam “Dahi Ke Kabab” yes they always serve Hot Kababs on the table. And believe me, just follow this recipe and try it once at home you can’t stop munching them.
If you ask me about Dahi Ke kabab I will tell stories this whole day so quick am heading towards the recipe. made this Dahi kabab last week for a Barbeque and as usual veg BBQ were prepared by me. I made this Dahi ke kabab few I fried at home and few I did BBQ on spot and served. Both the fried Dahi Ke Kebabs and BBQ Dahi Ke Kababs are tasted awesome. Better Late than never, let me share the recipe.
5 Tips to make Perfect Dahi ke Kabab:
- Use thick dahi to get thick hung curd, if your dahi(curd) is very thin the total recipe become a mess.
- If little moisture in the dough is fine you can adjust it with adding a tsp of breadcrumbs(don’t add more)
- Try to use fresh paneer for better taste.
- You can make dahe kabab in both ways either you can deep fry it or you can grill dahi kabab or bake in oven.
- Greese you hands with oil for perfect shaping the dahi kabab.
Dahi Ke Kabab Recipe, Dahi Kabab Recipe Video:
Dahi Ke Kabab Recipe, Dahi Kabab Recipe (Step by Step Photos):
STEP: 1 Hung Curd Preparation,
Take the thick 2 cups of curd and drop this over a cheesecloth and completely drain the water. Rest it for overnight. This is called hung curd. Check the video to make Hung Curd for more details. Once the curd ready add it to a mixing bowl.
STEP: 2 Dahi Kabab Preparation,
Add 1 cup of crumbled paneer to the mixing bowl.Add 2 tbsp of Roasted gram flour and bread crumbs (adjust the amount of adding breadcrumbs according to the level of moisture)
Add all the spice powders like chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, roasted cumin powder, and salt.
Then add all finely chopped ingredients like green chili, coriander, and dry fruits & nuts. mix well make a stiff dough.
grease both the hand with oil and prepare a ball sized patties.
Heat the oil in medium flame. Deep fry the patties in hot oil. Fry on medium flame, stirring occasionally.Fry till the patties or kabab turns golden brown. drain the kebab into kitchen paper to remove excess oil. finally, serve Dahi Ke kabab with chat chutney or tomato sauce.
Recipe Card for Dahi Ke Kabab Recipe, Dahi Kabab(Fired Dahi Paneer Balls):
- 2 cups curd / Thick Dahi(main ingredient)
- 1 cup paneer crumbled (main ingredient)
- 2 tbsp roasted gram flour
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dry fruits & nuts finely chopped
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp chili powder(Mirchi)
- ⅓ tsp turmeric powder(Haldi)
- ⅓ tsp cumin powder
- ⅓ tsp garam masala
- oil for deep frying
- firstly, Take the thick 2 cups of curd and drop this over a cheesecloth and completely drain the water. Rest it for overnight. This is called hung curd. Check the video to make Hung Curd. Once the curd ready add it to a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of crumbled paneer to the mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of Roasted gram flour.
- Add all the spice powders like chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, roasted cumin powder, and salt.
- now add all finely chopped ingredients like chili, coriander, and nuts.
- also, add ½ cup of bread crumbs to remove excess moisture(adjust the amount of adding breadcrumbs according to the level of moisture)
- mix well make a stiff dough.
- grease both the hand with oil and prepare a ball sized patties.
- Deep fry the patties in hot oil. Fry on medium flame, stirring occasionally.
- Fry till the patties or kabab turns golden brown.
- drain the kebab into kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- finally, serve Dahi Ke kabab with chat chutney or tomato sauce.
2. I have used roasted gram flour you can use besan also.
3. Kebab easily turn black if you fry in high flame and will not cook inside so always fry in medium flame.
4. add nuts and dry fruits of your choice.
5.always use thick curd and it should have water in it. drain it completely to rest it overnight.
6. always add fresh crumbled paneer for good tasty dahi kabab.
More Appetizer recipes like masala kadalai, jalapeno poppers, stuffed mushrooms, sweet potato cutlet, samosa pin wheels, Punjabi Samosa, veg cutlet.
Have a happy weekend ! Catch you all on Sunday with more intresting recipes!