Kothamalli Biryani Recipe with step by step pictures and detail video. South Indian Coriander leaves Biryani or Pulao is the delicious one pot meal made of fresh coriander bunch and green peas. Kothamali sadham that is coriander rice recipe I have posted long back. After that, I wanted to post my style of kothamalli biryani which is our family famous dish and kids would love to take it for Lunchbox. There is no much pre-preparation require to make this biryani yet a simple biryani recipe. kothamali thogaiyal, kothamalli thokku recipe and the kothamalli recipe is very healthy.
You can check the fresh kothamalli that is coriander leaves in Tamil. Bought a bunch of Fresh Coriander in the market last week can’t wait to try it. Checked my old post I have already posted all coriander leaves recipe, ok then thought to make Kothamalli biryani. I have made okra pachadi that is vendikkai pachadi to taste this biryani.
South Indian Style Coriander biryani always called for Curry leaves and flavorful fennel seeds. though it’s not like pulao version but very rich for party or any potluck also. I have added green peas to make the biryani more colourful you can add veggie of your choice. Let’s see how to make Coriander Biryani that is Kothamalli Biryani.
Kothamalli Biryani Recipe, South Indian Coriander Biryani Recipe step by step Pics,
Clean and wash the coriander leaves, grind it with green Chili & a little water to a fine paste. Keep aside. Soak the basmati rice for 15 mins and then cook it. Once the rice is ready let it cool for some time.
Heat oil and ghee in a pan and then fry the biryani spices like cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, star anise and fennel seeds and roast till the aroma arises. Add onion and curry leaves, saute well. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry it. Add green peas and salt sautes well.
Then add the ground coriander paste and lime juice mix well. Add curd and mix well the coriander paste. Finally, add the rice and mix well. dont break the rice while you mix. Coriander biryani is ready to serve.
Kothamalli Biryani Recipe card,
- 1 bunch Fresh coriander / kothamalli
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp oil and ghee
- 2 Cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 3 Cardamom
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 5 green chillies
- ⅓ cup green peas,
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp curd
- Clean and wash the coriander leaves, grind it with green Chili & a little water.
- Soak the basmati rice for 15 mins and cook it.
- Once the rice is ready let it cool for some time.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan and then fry the biryani spices like cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, star anise and fennel seeds and roast till the aroma arises.
- Add onion and curry leaves, saute well. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry it.
- Add green peas and salt saute well. Then add the ground coriander paste mix well.
- Add curd and mix well the coriander paste.
- Finally, add the rice and mix well. don't break the rice while you mix.
- Coriander biryani is ready to serve.
Kothamali biryani Recipe, Tips to make it Perfect,
- cooking the rice is very important so check the post how to cook basmati rice if need assistance.
- Don’t add too much water while grinding the coriander paste.
- I didn’t add the chilli powder in this recipe for that I have added the green chillies. To remain the green colour, you can add the chilli powder if you want the coriander biryani spicier.
- Adjust biryani spices according to your taste buds.
- Adding ghee and oil gives nice flavour if you want you can add only ghee.
Kothamalli Biryani Recipe Video,
Have a Happy Week day!!