Panagam is the Tamil Word for the Panakam. We Tamilians Pronounce Panakam as Panagam. Few year Back I have Shared Recipe for Panagam do check that also. Both Panakam and Neer Moor are my fav drink, if amma makes this for festival you won’t believe without any food i will have only this for the whole day. Now a days Panakam coming in a packets but nothing can beat the taste of freshly homemade panakam. Let us see How to Prepare Panakam.
Ingredients We need:
To make panagam we need Jaggery(Bellam), Dry ginger powder (podi Allam), pepper powder, Cardamom powder(elakula podi), Tulsi Leaves, Lemon Juice (Nimmarasam), salt (uppu)
Recipe Card For Panakam Recipe Preparation,
- ½ cup jaggery (bellam) grated or powdered
- A pinch cardamom
- A pinch Dry ginger powder
- A pinch salt
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 2 tulasi leaves, crushed
- 2 cups Water
- Grate the jaggery or you can powder it in mixie also. Dissolve it in 2 cups of water and filter the impurities using the strainer.
- Take a wide bowl add all the ingrediets like Dry ginger powder, cardamom, salt, lime juice, pepper powder, tulsi leave, mix well
- Serve cool. Panakam is ready for Neivedyam
According to your taste bubs increase and decrease addition of pepper powder.
I prefer more lime juice on my Panakam, adjust according to your wish.
Panakam Recipe Video,
Make Panagam at home and Say Goodbye to the Carbonated drinks. Have Panakam, The cool Energy Drink and Enjoy Sri Ram Navami!!!