Karamani Kara Kuzhambu Recipe or Simply called Karamani Kuzhambu Recipe are both same some prepared with vegetables or some are not. Some love to add the ground coconut to enhance the taste of the Kuzhambu but today I share the recipe without Coconut. I have the leftover karamani and made kuzhambu with that. Do check the Simple Kara Kuzhambu Recipe here without Karamani.
Karamani Kuzhambu in Tamil is the one video recipe I checked before I start the recipe. Got the idea of adding the vegetables.
Karamani Kara Kuzhambu Recipe Video,
Recipe Card for Karamani Kara Kuzhambu Recipe,
- ½ cup Black eyed peas(karamani/Thatta Payir)
- 1 lemon sized Tamarind/puli
- 5 Small onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- ½ tsp Fenugreek seeds(vendhayam)
- ½ tsp Mustard
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt as needed
- Soak Karamani in water for at least 3 hours or overnight. Pressure cook it with a little salt, till it becomes soft. In a pan heat the oil and temper with curry leaves, mustard seeds, methi seeds, let it splutter. Add small onion and tomatoes fry well. Add the vegetables, cover and cook well, till it becomes soft.
- Extract the tamarind juice and add it with the cooked vegetables and mix well. Add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Let it boil well till the raw smell goes.
Always add the thick tamarind extract, so that we will get the thick karamani kara kuzhambu.
you can add sambar powder instead of the chilli powder.
Check more South Indian Kuzhambu Recipe, collections of kuzhambu recipe here.
Have a wonderful Day!!!