Hot and spicy Masala Puri recipe, spicy masala puri snacks is made of 1:2 ration of Wheat flour and maida. Flavour of Fresh Methi leaves and Ajwain is special ingredients of this masala puri. This is similar like mathri but slight changes in making puris. Do try this am sure you love this crispy and spicy masala puri. Do try some Diwali snacks recipe from Prema’s Culinary.
I have made this with wheat flour and maida combination but you can try this only wheat flour also.Very good snacks you can make and store it properly it will stay for a month also. Methi leaves give nice flavour and it is very healthy too so don’t skip adding it. Check the Gujarati snack with methi leaves Methi Muthia.
Actually a few days back my neighbour gave us Diwali sweets and Snacks. In that this masala puri also she had made. I asked her the recipe of masala puri, next day she came to my home and made it. I took the video while she makes and sharing here. It’s very easy with very fewer ingredients. Thank you so much Mina, for the recipe. Am very lucky to get a sweet neighbour like her. Also, she shared few more recipes on the same day will publish soon. Methi thepla is my another fav Gujarati recipe.
Let us see how to make Masala Puri Step by step,
Take 50 g methi leaves and a cup wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Add 2 cups of maida to it.Then add 2 tbsp sesame seeds.Salt as needed chill powder, coriander powder ajwain seeds and combine well.
Finally, add the oil and mix well.
Add water little by little and start to knead the dough into a tight stiff dough.Divide the dough into tiny parts of doughs.
Flatten it between your palm and then make puri.roll into 2-3 inch diameter circle. They should be
medium thickness(neither thin nor thick)After rolling stamp holes on top of the puri so that it will
puff up while frying, you can use a fork to make holes.Let it dry for min 3 hoursOnce dried collect it
deep fries the puris in oil.Once it turns golden brown remove it from oil. Crispy Masala Puri is ready to serve.
Masala Puri Making Video,
Masala Puri Recipe in Detail,
- 50g methi leaves
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 cup maida
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Ajwain seeds
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt as needed
- Take 50 g methi leaves and a cup wheat flour in a mixing bowl
- Add 2 cups of maida to it.2 tbsp sesame seeds.Salt as needed
- chilly powder, coriander powder.ajwain seeds and combine well.
- Finally, add the oil and mix well.
- Add water little by little and start to knead the dough into a tight stiff dough
- Divide the dough into tiny parts of doughs
- Flatten it between your palm and then make puri
- roll into 2-3 inch diameter circle. They should be
- medium thickness(neither thin nor thick)
- After rolling stamp holes on top of the puri so that it will not puff up while frying, you can use a fork to make holes.
- Let it dry for min 3 hours.Once dried collect it deep fry the puris in oil
- Once it turns golden brown remove it from oil
Tips to make Perfect Masala Puri
- You can use completely wheat flour to make puri or maida also.
- you can add ghee for added taste.
- Prickle the puri so that it will not puff up.
- keep the flame in low to medium while frying so that puri will not turn black at the same time you will get the crispy puri.
do try this Masala Puri recipe for this diwali and enjoy, Happy Diwali.