Andra Pradesh Bhavan in KL is a very famous restaurant in Malaysia. Ap Bhavan is famous for Hyderabadi Dum Biryani, whenever I visit I would love to have the Full Andra Meals with Paruppu podi, Gongura dal, Avakkai Orugai. Rarely have breakfast there. Once I heard about Pesarattu Upma, I went one fine morning and had this delicacy with allam Chutney. Oh god! The Taste was Amazing, Only Dosa is enough for a complete breakfast.
soak moong dal overnight and rice, just an hour before grinding. While grinding add the green chilli, ginger, cumin and salt. Grind it. Pesarattu Batter is ready. You can grind and keep in the fridge. Make Upma and stuff inside the moong dal dosa(pesarattu) is ready.We can Make this moong dal dosa instantly no need for fermentation.Let’s see How to make Pesarattu Upma , First step we need to make the Pesarattu Batter, We can make either in a mixie or in a grinder.
check the below video to make Andra Pesarattu Batter in Mixie,
Andra Pesarattu Upma Recipe in Detail below,
- To make Pesaratttu batter we need,
- 1 cup green gram dal
- 2 tbsp raw rice
- A pinch jeera
- 3 green chillies
- 2 onions chopped finely
- 2 tbsp grated coconut(optional)
- ginger a small piece
- ¼ cup water
- salt to taste
- oil (to make dosai)
- To make Upma we need,
- 1 medium sized onion,chopped
- 1 to 2 green chilies
- 1 chopped tomatoes
- ½ inch ginger,chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp urad dal
- ½ cup rava(roasted)
- Coriander for garnishing
- Make the Pesarattu batter first, Soak rice and dal together or separately for overnight.
- Grind the soaked rice,dal,jeera,green chillies,grated coconut,ginger to a smooth paste by adding water.Add salt into the paste and mix well.Keep aside.
- Let's Make upma, heat oil in a pan.Add mustard seeds, channa dal, urad dal let it splutter.Add the ginger, onion, tomato and curry leaves fry well.
- Add water in the pan let it boil well. Once the water boiled well add the roasted Rava. Cover and cook for some time or till it cook properly.Rava Upma is ready now. Let's make Pesarattu Dosa,
- Heat a flat pan and spread the ground Pesarattu dosa batter over it.while Preparing dosa spread some chopped onions on it.sprinkle little chilli powder on it.
- on top of the add a big spoon of upma and spread it all over the dosa.
- Once the Dosa cooked well, Roll over and remove it from the stove.
- Hot Pesarattu Upma is ready serve.
Pesarattu Upma Recipe Video,
Have a nice day!!!