Kothamalli Thokku Recipe or Coriander Leaves Thokku, which I am sharing today is very easy to make and simple recipe. Whenever I find fresh coriander in the market I will get it and make thokku in large quantity. It goes well with curd rice. Today I have shared a little dry version of thokku you can make it little thin also if you are going to mixing it with rice and have.
Kothamalli chutney is every ones favorite in my home. Coriander has numerous of health benefits and it is also said that it relieves the stress as like mint. My kids love green chutney with all the starters. They call it as Green coconut chutney. Let us proceed with theKothamalli Thokku Recipe or Coriander Leaves Thokku.
Kothamalli Thokku Recipe, Coriander Leaves Thokku recipe below,
- A thick bunch Coriander Leaves(kothamalli)
- 1 gooseberry sized Tamarind
- 5-6 Red Chilli(adjust to taste)
- ¼ tsp Hing
- 1 tsp Grated Jaggery
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Take out the Coriander leaves and thin stem. clean it.
- Heat oil in a pan and add tamarind, red chilli and saute it for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the saute red chilli and tamarind in a mixer and grind it nicely.
- Add washed and cleaned coriander leaves and grind it to a smooth paste by adding only a little water.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan again and add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds start to sputter, add the ground coriander paste. Allow the paste to thicken
- After 10 minutes, you can see the oil starts oozing out of the thokku and the thokku would have become thick also.
- Add jaggery now and mix well and remove from flame.
- Now Coriander Leaves Thokku (Kothamalli Thokku) is now ready to serve!
If you are looking for more chutney and thogaiyal recipes check here.
Have a good day!!!