Piyush Recipe-Mango Piyush recipe, Piyush is cooling drink and good for fasting also. Piyush sweet drink is made of Mango Shrikhand and fresh buttermilk. Mango season is just started in KL . I have seen fresh Alphonso mangoes Market then immediately thought to make Mango Piyush. Hope you have celebrated Holi well. I too have a wonderful Holi this year and had yummy thali as well. This familiar Maharashtrian drink Piyush is really good filling on Fasting days.
Mango Piyush drink is made of Mango Shrikhand and fresh buttermilk. It’s a very good health drink for summer to beat the heat. Piyush sweet drink is very creamy and yummy drink that you can make for all the occasions. do try this before mango season ends:)
Shrikhand can be made of thick yogurt and you can check how to make the greek yogurt for making the Shrikhand.
While writing this post-Aishu interrupted me and told. Piyush is the Marathi name means sweet water and his friend’s name. Like the name, it is very sweet and rich drink. Usually, I will make fresh juices at home like Pink Guava juice, watermelon, lemon, Nanari paal sarbath etc…but Piyush is different drink which is good for summer.
Piyush Recipe with Step by step Procedure and Pictures:
Before proceeding with the recipe, do check the Mango Shrikhand recipe and make the mango shrikhand. Once you have made the shrikhand add it into the blender and then add a cups of buttermilk. Blend well. Add the chopped nuts and serve cold.
- I have added Mango Shrikand to make this Mango Piyush. It contains Elachi and saffron flavour so I didn’t add nutmeg in this recipe. If you want you can add a pinch of nutmeg powder while blending.
- I have provided the links for How to make Shrikhand and Mango Shrikhand recipe do check the link before proceeding with the recipe
- Instead, buttermilk you can add curd also.
- If you didn’t get the mango you can skip the mangoes and make the plain Piyush.
- You can get ready made shrikhand in stores. I have used the homemade mango shrikhand which sugar is already added. If you bought it from the store then add sugar as required.
Mango Piyush Recipe Video:
Piyush Recipe Below:
- ½ cup Mango Shrikhand
- 1 cup buttermilk
- sugar as required (optional)
- a pinch nutmeg powder (optional)
- For Garnishing
- A Pinch saffron
- Before proceeding with the recipe, do check the Mango Shrikhand recipe and make the mango shrikhand.
- Once you have made the shrikhand add it into the blender and then add a cups of buttermilk. Blend well.
- Add the chopped nuts and serve cold.
Have a Nice day!!!