Gongura Pappu recipe in 3 easy steps. Simple dal with steamed rice itself a yummy meal isn’t it? Mostly I will make this for lunch. Hope you know the red sorrel leaves is the name of the gogura and it has a lot of health benefits. I have already posted the gogura paneer recipe similar to that of palak paneer(up next). If you want to make a comfort
If you want to make a comfort dal in 10-15 mins time and I will this is the quick dal recipe that you can make it in a jiffy. No need to put so much effort, just add the dal, gongura, chilly, onion and everything in a pressure cooker. In just 3-4 whistle everything was done and your delicious lunch is ready in 10-15 mins. Gongura has the sour taste that will make the dal more delicious.
You can check the 100 Simple Pappu ( Andhra’s Lentil Stews), very useful and I have bookmarked few lentil dal dishes…Okay coming to the today’s recipe Gongura dal, I have used the red dal(Mysore dal) which is a very tasty dal and also cook very fast. I just add all the ingredients in the pressure cooker and cooked it in below 15 mins. I prefer the red dal to make this pappu you can use the toor dal also if you want.
Fresh sorrel leaves or gongura from vegetable market. Love them with rotis too. Here is the delicious gongura pappu recipe.
Let us see how to make gongura pappu in easy step by step methods and pictures.
Wash the gongura leaves (I have chopped them too) and clean it. Heat the pressure cooker and add the onion, tomato, dal,gongura leaves, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilly powder.
Add enough water for the dal to cook, and close the lid. Pressure cook it for 3 whistles or the until it cooks properly. Dal is ready now, you can temper it with mustard seeds and dry red chilly and serve it.
Gongura pappu recipe video:
Quick recap of Gongura pappu recipe below:
- Ingredients you need:
- ¾ cup dal mysore dal/moong dal/toor dal
- 1 cup chopped gongura leaves(measured after chopping)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green chili slit (optional)
- Generous pinch of turmeric
- ⅓ tsp chilly powder
- ⅓ tsp coriander powder
- Oil or ghee as needed
- ¼ tsp mustard
- 1 Red chilly
- Pinch of hing
- Salt as needed
- Wash the gongura leaves (i have chopped them too) and clean it.
- Heat the pressure cooker and add the onion,tomato, dal, gongura leaves, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilly powder.
- Add enough water for the dal to cook, and close the lid.
- Pressure cook it for 3 whistles or the until it cook properly.
- Dal is ready now,you can temper it with mustard seeds and dry red chilly and serve it.
Have a nice Day!!!