For every diwali this one of the snack amma makes and still i remember we all sit do the gift packing like all the sweets separately and mixture, murukku all separately in pack. Amma use say without mixture diwali will not complete. I will make mixture in normal days not for diwali as a evening snacks. As aishu always love to have some spicy things after coming from school. I use to make all snacks at home only rarely get snacks at shop. She likes haldirams mixture and Aloo bujia but now a days making all at home.If you are looking for easy diwali snack recipe or savory recipes click here.
I made this mixture bit spicy and all the age group would love to munch it. i would love to have it in the evening with my tea. But hubby dear have mixture with curd rice and rasam satham. This is very famous snack(thinpandam) in south india and usually people buy in sweet stalls and some time they make at home. If you are looking for more murukku recipes click here.
As i mentioned earlier this is very easy and simple recipe if you have these in hand,
Easy mixture recipe video,
South Indian mixture recipe with step by step picture and instructions,Fry the aval,peanuts,fried gram dal and curry leaves separate separately in medium flame, make sure that it should not burn. Once become golden brown take it out in a plate. Take ompodi,corn flake, kara boondhi and mix well.
Add everything in a wide bowl and then add the chilly powder,salt mix well.
Tips and variations to make perfect mixture:
- check the recipe for ompodi, kara sev recipe and make it,keep ready before you make the mixture.You can use the store bought also.
- You can add biscuits, ola pakoda, diamond cuts ,etc..
- while making the ompodi and kara boondhi make sure that they fried evenly and all should be in the same color.
- don’t burn anything aval will get fry very soon so fry it,immediately take it out in a plate.
- You add black pepper powder for more spiciness and also adjust the salt and chilly according to your taste.
- If you want to make chivda, check the recipe for aloo bhujia here and then mix that with mixture and finally add the chat masala mix well.
Indian mixture recipe below:
- 1 & ½ cup Omapodi
- 1 & ½ cup Kara boondi
- 1 cup Corn flakes
- ½ cup Peanuts
- ¼ cup Fried gram dal
- ½ cup Poha/ aval
- 2 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Red chilly powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt as needed
- Fry the aval,peanuts,fried gram dal and curry leaves separate separately in medium flame, make sure that it should not burn.
- Once become golden brown take it out in a plate.
- Take ompodi,corn flake, kara boondhi and mix well.
- Add everything in a wide bowl and then add the chilly powder,salt mix well.
- Mixture is ready now. we can have it as a snack with a cup of coffee.
Happy diwali in advance!!!