Dumroot Halwa or yellow pumpkin halwa recipe with step by step pics and video. Dumroot halwa is nothing but halwa made of yellow pumpkin and i will say this the most easy halwa recipe that i have tried till now. it doesn’t take much time and also very less ingredients. Gummadikaya is the telugu name of pumpkin and also pusanikkai is the tamil name of pumpkin. Mostly we use pumpkin to make sambar or curry but this time i tired halwa. I went to my friend’s home to take haldi kumkum she prepare and served us. I didn’t know that halwa made of pumpkin later only i called and get the recipe from her and here am sharing. Do give a try defenetly you will love it.
Yellow Pumpkin halwa with koya(mawa) recipe, i have made this halwa with home made koya(mawa) check the below video to make koya at home. You can use cottage cheese also if you didn’t get the koya. This is very rich and delicious halwa that you can prepare for parties and also for all occasions.let’s proceed with the easy pumpkin recipe.
homemade khoya or mawa recipe video below:
step by step recipe of Yellow Pumkin Halwa or Dumroot Halwa with koya/mawa recipe:
Now add a tsp of butter and a tbsp of mawa or khoya and fry well. once it become little crisp remove it .Add the mawa or khoya with the halwa,mix well.
Finally add the fried nuts and serve hot or cold.
Durmroot halwa/yellow pumpkin halwa recipe video:
Dumroot Halwa (yellow pumpkin halwa) recipe below:
- 2 cup grated yellow pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp butter + 1 tbsp mawa or khoya
- A generous pinch cardamom powder
- a drop food colour(optional)
- heat a tbsp of ghee in a pan and add the grated pumpkin
- and saute well.
- saute till they are start releasing water or
- for approx 8-10 minutes on a low flame.
- Once it reaches the thick consistency, add sugar.
- Add the food colour,cook the mixture stirring often till it thickens.
- add in the cardamom powder.
- Now add a tsp of butter and a tbsp of mawa or khoya and fry well. once it become little crisp remove it .
- Add the mawa or khoya with the halwa and mix well.
- the consistency of the halwa should like be a pudding or pumpkin puree.you can thicken it more if you want.
- Finally add the fried nuts and serve hot or cold.
do check some pumkin recipes like pumpkin soup and pumpkin kheer.
Have a nice day!!!