Aloo bhujia recipe or Potato sev recipe, sev namkeen is the crispy and delicious snack recipe which can be made with potato(aloo) and gram flour mixed.Aloo bhujia in hindi and Karapoosa in Telugu. I was thinking to make aloo murukku(potato murukku) but some how i changed my mind and made aloo bhujia sev 😉 . It is similar to our south indian omapodi but dashing of chat masala in aloo bhujia gives an extraordinary taste to it. If you like south indian snacks then try the satur karasev recipe.
some aloo bhujia recipe calls for Garam masala but i didn’t add it while preparing. Plan to try next time while i make it. Many time i tried the Haldirams Aloo bhujia snack packet and it’s my family favourite. i made and kept in a air tight container.After school aishu came and had it. she asked me amma when you bought this haldirams snack packets. I told her its homemade aloo bhujia not from store 😮 That’s really a great complement for me.
I just want to give a trial so i made it,but this year for diwali sure i will make this. A week before diwali also we can make and store it in a airtight container.This is time i tried many north indian snacks and sweets and am sure will be a big hit at my home for this diwali.
This is the sev mould which i used to make aloo bhujia. It is slightly bigger than the omapodi mould.
Am really sorry that i couldn’t able to post step by step recipe of Aloo bhujia because my camera was out of charge. If i make next time,i will sure update here.
Aloo bhujia recipe below:
- 2 Potatoes(boiled,pealed)
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric Powder
- hing a pinch
- Oil - For Deep Frying
- water(as needed)
- salt as needed
- chat masala as needed
- wash the potatoes and boil it for 3 whistles and then peel the skin.let it cool for sometime.
- Then cut it into 2,add it in the mixie jar and gind it with 2 tbsp of water into a smooth paste.
- Now heat the oil in a pan.
- Mean while in a mixing bowl add the garam flour ,hing,salt,turmeric powder and grinded potatoes paste mix well. add water if needed.The dough should not be tight or thin.
- Now drop the dough in the murukku press with omapodi achu inserted.
- press it over the oil and deep fry it,till light brown.
- Once done drain the oil and take it out.
- Break the sev with the hands and dash chat masala on top serve it.
Chat masala gives nice flavour and taste,so don't miss to add it.
Adjust the spice according to your taste,i didnt add chilly powder if you want add little while making the dough.
make sure the potatoes must be fine paste if any residue it will pass through the mould
The dough should be fine texture so that when it is added to the achu and pressed using a sev mould it should pass through the holes without clogging it.
Serve this tasty aloo bhujia as a snack or as an accompaniment with chat.
Do try this recipe and enjoy Diwali!!!
Have a nice Day!!!