I love to add methi in most of my cooking since it has lot of health benefits. I really a stress buster and very good for digestion so do add methi in any form dry methi or fresh in your cooking helps you to make you stay healthy and fit.Methi pulao is the one which used to make for lunch box and my family member started loving the methi paratha which is also called fenugreek paratha.
Methi Paratha Recipe Video
Here is the step by step methi thepla recipe:In a mixing bowl, take whole wheat flour, besan flour, pearl millet flour/bajra flour. Now add in the turmeric powder,hing,chilly powder and salt.mix it.
Hers is the Quick recap of recipe:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
- ¼ cup gram flour (besan)
- ¼ cup pearl millet flour/bajra flour
- ⅛ teaspoon asafetida (hing)
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder adjust to taste
- 1¼ teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- ¼ cup dry fenugreek leaves (kastoori methi)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup yogurt (dahi)
- Approximately ¼ cup of oil for cooking
- In a mixing bowl, take whole wheat flour, besan flour, pearl millet flour/bajra flour. Now add in the turmeric powder,hing,chilly powder and salt.mix it.
- Add the chopped fresh methi leaves,now drop curd and mix everything don't add water now because the methi leaves will start leaves some water.
- knead the dough very well. add more curd if required while kneading.make medium sized balls from the dough,roll the thepla to a round of about 5-6 inches in diameter.
- Heat the pan and place the thepla,flip the other side sprinkle oil and then again flip the other side and cook it. once done keep it in hot box and repeat the same for rest of the dough.
Have a nice Day!!!